Unable to delete Email message for any email accout or even remove an account
Jfelderh

Won't delete email message anymore.  Started to day.  Have checked the settings and don't see anything wrong.  Tried to delete my verison email account and would not delete having same issue with my yahoo email account.  Email also slow to com up when icon is selected

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to delete Email message for any email accout or even remove an account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Jfelderh,

Good morning. Not being able to delete emails from your phone or the email account can definitely get frustrating. I will be more than happy to help.

Are you still receiving emails on your device and you are unable to delete them or are you also not receiving emails either? Have you tried powering off the device and powering it back on, then tried deleting emails? If your phone recently did a software update, can you try a master reset? Click to learn how http://vz.to/tQ0nkT If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to us for further troubleshooting.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: Unable to delete Email message for any email accout or even remove an account
lyndie

yes I have the spectrum  lg 2 and cannot delete the email

0 Likes
Not applicable

Jfelderh wrote:

Won't delete email message anymore.  Started to day.  Have checked the settings and don't see anything wrong.  Tried to delete my verison email account and would not delete having same issue with my yahoo email account.  Email also slow to com up when icon is selected

You don't need to use that crappy verizon app for your email. You go to your apps folder and delete the apps for that stock app and the Yahoo mail etc.

Go to the google play store and get the updated stand alone app called YMail then just set it up with your user name and password. While you are at the play store look up free email programs to use with your internet providers mail. most isp's have the settings you need to get and send email with these apps.

There is also a new Outlook email app to replace Hotmail and it works via signing in with your hotmail address and password. all these apps have a settings tab and you can have it set to automatically get email and how many emails and the function key has the option to delete mails from your cell and from the server.

Easy set up and ease of use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us lyndie. Having email come through on your device is always a benefit but not having the ability to remove the account is frustrating. I understand how you feel. I have 6 email accounts and get overwhelmed when I have to check them all. Listed below are some steps to remove a personal email account from your Spectrum 2.

1) From a home screen, select Apps.

2) From the Apps tab, select Settings.

3) From the PERSONAL section, select Accounts & sync.

4) Select Email.

5) Select the appropriate email account

6) Select Menu ( located below the display).

7) Select Remove account.

😎 Select OK.

Please let me know if the above information is helpful. Also after making the changes power cycle your device.

KinquanaH_VZW
0 Likes