USB Tether for Razr Maxx HD
wheel

waiting for Razr maxx HD to arrive later today but noticed a review on Verizon tonight that states that USB tether has been removed from the phone.  I have the shared plan and a Verizon customer support person told me when ordering that I would be able to usb tether with my shared everything plan. Can anyone confirm if USB tether is available with the phone, if not, I am sending back.  Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: USB Tether for Razr Maxx HD
Not applicable

If you go to "settings" you'll see "tethering and mobile hotspot"

I have used the mobile hotspot feature to connect my laptop but I haven't used the tethering feature but it does appear to be there. I don't see why it wouldn't work.  I have the JB upgrade installed on my Maxx HD.

0 Likes
wheel

Thanks you for that information.  I kinda thought it might still be there but a review on the verizon site stated it had been removed as an option on the phone.  Looking forward to the arrival of the maxx HD today

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well, even if the tethering feature is not there as the Verizon emplyee said, I know you can use your phone as a wireless hotspot.  If you have 4G where you want to use it it's plenty fast.

If you goto the Motorola site, you can download the Maxx HD User manual.  They have a Jelly Bean upgraded manual now too.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes