Re: Turbo won't ring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sfji,

Yikes! So sorry to hear that your replacement device is having the same issue! Do you recall making any changes today to the device such as installing a new app? When they replaced your device did they also replace the SIM card?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jack1029
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a reason Verizon and Motorola do not acknowledge this problem? It clearly is widespread and happening across the board. My phone stopped ringing and would not come back regardless of the "fixes" I tried that are listed here.

The phone is great but useless if it does not ring. Verizon just let us know there is a problem and when you expect to fix it.

sfji
Enthusiast - Level 2

No activity on my phone other than charging it and making one call between this morning and when it stopped working. No app download.  I did not get a new Sim card when I got the replacement phone. Also, the Play Store is still not functioning properly; this worked on my first Turbo.

0 Likes
RobieR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get two people to call me back and the phone rang. Nobody else out of maybe 20 incoming calls today. if they don't leave a message...i don't know they called.

The replacement phone they are sending...I'm supposed to replace the sim card with the one from my existing phone.

Sure would like to get this taken care of. It's my only phone (no land line) and it's becoming a PITA.

0 Likes
sfji
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went back to the Verizon store yesterday (for the third time) and they gave me a new SIM card and turned on HD Voice; the phone is working again... for now.  If I turn off HD voice the phone stops ringing; however my spouse does not have this feature on and his works just fine.  The Verizon employee thought it was the SIM card since the Play Store was not working properly and my data conneciton was slow.   They said that HD Voice is new so no one really knows how this feature affects phones.  Hopefully this fixes it for me once and for all.  I hope this information can help others....

ShanDroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

HD calling did not fix my ringing problem!!!

I activated the HD voice calling ( which is nothing more than VOIP )

This did not fix my ringing problems.  I would also like to add that my personal experience with "HD" calling was terrible...

The audio quality was terrible, had a back echo, occasional sound distortion, and the audio equivalent of digital pix-elation.  Now I understand that HD calling is a new thing, but keep in mind we've had VOIP calling for years with perfect sound quality.  I recommenced only using HD calling if the other party you are communicating with is using VZW HD calling.

Also, keep in mind that HD calling uses your 4G LTE data, so if you run close to your data cap, watch out!

Bottom line, I want Verizon to swap my phone with an equivalent, late model Samsung Galaxy Device !!!

So far the only temporary fix for this problem, in my personal situation, is to factory reset the phone every time it fails...

0 Likes
sfji
Enthusiast - Level 2

The tech individual at my local VZ store did mention that he was skeptical that it was the HD Voice feature that fixed (at least temporarily) my issue.  He said that this is a new feature and he has seen it cause problems (i.e. phone NOT ringing) when turned on.  He thought it was my SIM card, but my phone won't ring if i turn off HD Voice.   Honestly, I'm just waiting for it to stop ringing again.  I shared this information b/c I thought turning HD Voice on/off might help someone... ?

Also, I specifically asked if the HD Voice uses my data and was told it does not.... I just "live chatted" with a VZ person and they said that only video calls use data allowance.

This is VERY frustrating.

0 Likes
Debdebdoo

Same issue with me. NO CHANGES to the phone, it is just not ringing. Had different friends try to call me with no luck. Texts and other messages come through just fine. I am in an area with great reception (73162). It would seem like the latest software update caused a glitch.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

For the last 2 days my 64GB Turbo rings only once...If I don't happen to be right there or miss that 1 ring I'm SOL. Tried safe mode, soft reset, disabling Advanced calling still happens. Only thing "New" since problem started is I was prompted to set up Visual VM (Which I blew off). I prefer getting voicemail the old fashioned way (Press & hold #1 or *86). Don't want or need visual voicemail but I do need my phone to ring when I'm receiveing a call. Zip 14624

0 Likes
ShanDroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I now occasionally get the issue where my Turbo will ring once, then the ringer silences...  When this does not happen, I get no ringer at all, calls go straight to voice mail and I get no "missed call" warning...

0 Likes