Re: Turbo won't ring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm saddened to hear of the ringer not working on your Turbo. I understand the need to have it working also. Have you tried putting the device in safe mode? http://vz.to/1ENHmNr

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Roger6855
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just realized that my Droid Turbo has not been ringing the past couple days and I found this post this evening. While at home I called it myself and my turbo never rang.  On my house phone it rang five or six time and then went to voice mail.  The past several days, I have had some voice mails, but my phone never showed that I missed any calls.  Didn't think much about this, just figured I didn't have a signal.  This also happened when I first got the phone the end of December and when I restarted it, it started working and I didn't give it much thought after that.  I usually turn it off at night.  I also turned it off this evening and back on and it now rings again.  I feel like I should call it every morning to see if it is working but when I'm out of town, this is not possible.  I don't know if something happens when I turn it on in the morning or if it just quits ringing as the day goes on.  Wouldn't be quite as bad if it would show that I had missed a call, but it doesn't.  I also have a charger that it just sets in and when I use this, it turns the phone back on if it is off, thus sometimes I don't turn it off and I try to remember to turn it off and on in the morning.  Sounds like I'm having the same problem that many other here are having.  I gave up reading all of the post and skipped to the end to post this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roger6855,

We don't want you to miss anything! This is odd, but I understand how important it is to resolve it, and keep your calls going. At first glance, there are no reports of a known issue by the manufacturer, but we'll help get to the bottom of this.
Is there physical or water damage to the phone? Do you have a case on it. and have you tried removing it? Do you miss every call, or is it specific? Just to rule out a common situation, complete steps here http://vz.to/1qM1ZEi and test again. Keep me posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

Roger6855
Enthusiast - Level 1

First, where I posted this problem, there were 6 pages of people with the same problem so I’m not sure why you would find this odd and also why there are no known issues by the manufacturer.  There is no damage to this phone of any kind.  It does have a case on it, but it also shows full signal when this happened last Friday evening.  I first noticed this problem when the phone was just a few days old and turning it off and back on solved the problem and the Verizon store told me to see if it happened again.  I had actually forgot about the problem until a few days ago when I knew for sure that I had missed a call.  Once again turning the phone off and back on corrected the problem.  The real problem with missing a call is how does one know the phone missed a call unless a voice mail is left or someone tells you later.  I’m pretty sure that it misses all calls until the phone is turn off and back on.  I have never used call forwarding and I did send the command to turn it off as your email instructed, but I doubt if that was the problem unless there is a problem at either Verizon or with this phone turning on call forwarding by itself.

>> Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

IMD-LLC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue and have proved it out. The phone will not ring! After discussing this with Verizon...of course, its my fault, I just don't know how to use the phone. Be advised, the amount of people now having this issue is GROWING! Only way to get it working is to keep turning off and back on...lasts for a short period of time, then nothing. I have called the phone several times today...and straight to voice mail with NO indication give by the phone that there ever was a missed call. I am looking for another provider!

starchild25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same problem. Phone will not ring, and turning on and off does nothing. I've had this phone less than a week.No damage to any part of the phone. How is this fixed?????

morentsy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon seems to not yet have a handle on this issue, but there is

something about this phone and how it interacts with certain towers. I've

been lucky, I changed the preferred network type to LTE/CDMA and it's been

fine since, but I also have t been back to the geographic area where I had

the problem. If it starts up again I will probably pay the penalty and go

to another carrier -- but don't tell Verizon -- just go to the other

carrier and explain your problems and they might give you a good deal that

offsets some of the cost of breaking your contract. I was literally told to

do this by a Verizon store manager after being with VZ for 12 years! They

truly don't know or don't want to admit that there is a problem.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

If you get a Verizon Tech that is not aware of this they are just out of the loop.  Motorola came up with a fix for this problem and it went out as an over the air update a while back.  My phone has been ringing fine since.  I never miss calls anymore and the phone always rings.  I am not sure why yours has not fixed, but I would check for updates and see if there is one available for you.  I also turned on HD calling and that has improved things as well. 

0 Likes
John5673

Having the same issues with my Turbo. Will be going into the Verizon store to see if I can trade it in for a different model. Not really willing to try turning stuff on and off and clear my data and have my friends and family get involved in trouble shooting this problem. The fact that the phone doesn't always ring, rings once or rings 10-14 times on the other end before ringing on my end makes it fundamentally broken. Luckily we all have contracts with Verizon and they have certain obligations to us that if not met negates the contract. So don't take any **** from anyone. If you aren't getting what you're paying for, stop paying!

0 Likes
Yogachix
Enthusiast - Level 1

It still doesn't work. None of these "fixes" work

0 Likes