Re: Turbo won't ring
ShanDroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sfji,

I believe you when you state that the VZW rep. told you that HD voice does not use any of your DATA, but he/she is wrong.  HD voice is VOLTE ( voice over Long Term Evolution - Data ),  which is the same as VOIP ( voice over internet protocol ).  It has to use either your over the air data, or a WiFi signal.  there may be a possibility that it does not count towards your data use, a lot like how T-mobile has a music streaming service that does not deplete your data allowance, but this is not likely, as VZW gives nothing away for free...

I have received multiple, different, responses from numerous VZW Reps. on weather or not it uses up any of your Data allowance.

0 Likes
RobieR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am betwixt and between. Mine started ringing normally but I have received the refurbished replacement I'm supposed to change sim cards with and send back my original phone.

I hate to go through all this mess if I don't have to.

0 Likes
ShanDroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent an hour on the phone with a tier 2 tech support rep from VZW today.

She admitted that as of this time, it is a problem, and confirmed there are only temporary fixes.

VZW will send you a refurbished Droid Turbo if you ask. (but this will not solve the problem)

VZW will not offer you a replacement with any other model phone.

Motorola's official response is to power cycle your phone, and then do not use it for anything for a minimum of 1-hour after your turn it back on...

Seriously!!!???  WTF!!!???

Right now VZW is solely blaming Motorola, and is advising customers to contact Motorola to complain.

Moto:   1-800-734-5870   or www.motorola.com/android

The VZW rep said that Moto has informed VZW that they are aware of the problem, and it should be resolved with the next software (OTA) update, but they will not confirm the release date.

hmyers12
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has now upgraded to not ringing or vibrating at all on some calls, instead calls go to voice mail. I have tried all suggestions listed here with no lasting fixes. This is extremely frustrating. I am also convinced that this is a software issue.

I am have sent an email to Motorola to complain.

0 Likes
ShanDroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Turbo is officially up for sale on Craigslist.  I am taking the money I get for it to terminate the contract.

This is absolutely disgusting how Verizon shows a complete lack of respect for their customers.

Message edited in accordance with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Jenpoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello- I have called Verizon many times over- they cannot do anything about the phone.  It just stops ringing.  I have been advised only Motorla can resend a new one... this will be my second new one in less than 30 days... I just want a phone that rings.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O ouch.! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Marcusj1121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having this same issue (phone not ringing and calls rolling right to VM with no missed call logs) and I did a soft reset and it seems to have solved the problem.

morentsy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a problem with VZ network and this phone model. Was not receiving any calls. All calls went straight to voicemail. I fixed this problem by switching my preferred network to LTE/CDMA and then back to Global. This setting in under Settings > More.... > Preferred Network. Will see if it acts up again. If it continues to be a problem I'm switching back to a Samsung phone.

0 Likes
JRGrillo

I have the same problem.  Although the ringer wasn't working, I noticed that I was able to receive calls when I was on the other line.  I just cleared by cache partition and it is working again.   My HD calling feature is off. 

Don't know if it is coincidence but the ringer stopped working the day that I used the turbo charger for the first time.  Hopefully Verizon/Motorola will come up with some fix for us.

0 Likes