Re: Turbo won't ring
toughteach
Enthusiast - Level 2

You really have to be joking. Who uses call forwarding on their cell device, especially the day they buy the device. After reading all the comments in this forum it seems your company is truly unable to find the reason why we are all having trouble with this. That is simply sad.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

There is an easy fix to this problem.  Go the the Verizon page for the Turbo and click on troubleshoot.  Clear out your Cache Partition.  Will solve the problem with the phone not ringing.  Had to do it myself and the phone works great now. Should probably do it as a maintenance issue just like you would on your computer.

ShanDroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having problems with my Droid Turbo not ringing.

All call go straight to voice mail.

I got the phone the day it was launched.  When the first OTA update came through the next day, I lost all ringing and notifications for texts.  I took it into the VZW store and the only way they could fix it was to wipe the phone and do a factory data reset.  this fixed the problem until the next OTA update was pushed, and once again I lost all ringing and text alerts.  Again, I had to "factory reset" the phone, and then it worked again.

Now within the last week, I have again, lost incoming call ringing, but I do have text alerts working.  In fact, my phone does not even show a missed call, but that I have a new voice mail...

I should not have to do an other complete phone reset again...!!!

I have followed every step in this forum to try to fix the problem, but all have failed...  I have tried other options I found on line, but all have failed...  Upon my internet research, I have found this a common problem with the Droid Turbo, and it basically comes down to needing a software update from VZW/Moto...

And since I know you will ask, for no good reason, my zip code is 53058

I also live about 200 yards from a Verizon 4g tower, and am getting full signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ShanDroyd, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. You're located in a great coverage area. Do you miss calls while located inside, outside, or every where you go on your device? Have you powered your device off/on to soft reset it?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
toomuchheart

My phone is doing the same thing. I've spoken to Verizon support and they are unsure what is wrong as well. I love the phone but if I can't get calls it makes the phone a bit pointless. Helppp

0 Likes
ShanDroyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Typical scripted response from a customer service rep. I used to sell and manage stores for: Verizon, AT&T, T -Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular.  I have an advanced degree "I.T." and technology. I know what I'm doing. This is a software problem. Motorola's are famous for software problems. I should have never left my Samsung.

I am NOT an idiot, I know more about technology especially cell phones and mobile devices, than any representative working for Verizon. I have tried every possible solution.

IT IS A SOFTWARE FLAW!

hmyers12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have tried the suggestions that apply to my phone and they do not help. All other sound on the phone works when this occurs it is just the ring tone and the Moto Assist that stops sound that stops. In addition I have found that placing the phone on air plane mode and then taking air plane mode off fixes the issue for a time. Once back out of air plane mode the ring tone will work. It's even stranger because sometime it is only the ring tone I set (comes standard with the phone and not something I downloaded) other ring tones will work. Once again turning the phone of or off or placing it in air plane mode and then turning that off seems to fix it for a few days, but then the issues occurs again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hmyers12,

Sorry to here the previous suggestions have not fixed the issue! Sounds like powercycling has only been a temporary fix. Try wiping the cache partition http://vz.to/1BXfdmv . You wrote that you had tried the previous suggestions. Does that include using Safe Mode and Factory resetting the phone?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RobieR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with a tech rep last night as I have been having the same problem for a full day.

I brought this discussion to his attention and he is sending me a new phone.

Hopefully, that takes care of it.

No sense having a phone that won't ring.

sfji
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a replacement Turbo last Wednesday and just this afternoon it stopped ringing again. It worked at 830am; it did not work at 530pm. This phone is useless and clearly has systemic problems.