Re: Turbo won't ring
sfji
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm unclear as to why my zip code would be relevant.  I doubt all of us in this thread are in the same zip code.  I did not attempt to place my phone in safe mode.  I should not have to jump through hoops to get my brand new phone to complete the basic task of receiving phone calls.  I went to the Verizon store and exchanged it for a new Turbo.  While there I learned that I was not the only "DOA" Turbo to be exchanged.  ("DOA" was the sales person's term, not mine.)  I was the 3rd or 4th at this particular store; not all due to the phone not ringing.  My new phone rings ... for now.  (My previous one initially rang also.)  This new phone takes an unreasonable amount of time to download anything from the play store and isn't installing updates.  Perhaps Turbos were placed on the market prematurely to be in time for the holidays?  Or, as the sales person said, some are Monday/Friday phones...

0 Likes
danersue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uhmmmmmm once again.... You are suggesting tasks that do m nothing. *73 does not fix problem.... How do I know? Because it was done to my phone. What is Verizon and Motorola doing. Why focus on the operator when it's the equipment. This is unacceptable. When you get in your car and start driving down the road and the car stops for no reason.... Is that OK? This is what is happening. Tell us what your side is doing... Y'all are blowing smoke and making noise to try and distract but we are taking it if the shelf.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issue with your Turbo ringing. Does it occur for certain phone calls or while you're inside?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sfji, we appreciate your feedback. Although you all may not be in the same zip code, we do like to follow through with our necessary troubleshooting steps. We can can tell this is frustrating, but any cooperation we can get from everyone in order to provide necessary details to the software team and manufacturer will help us get the resolution we need.  Are you saying Play Store updates are not installing? If so, do you get an error? -Tamara

0 Likes
sfji
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERY frustrating.  My zip is 48085.  I presume you will ask everyone else their zip code in order to reach a solution, correct?  To answer some other questions asked of others on this thread: it did not matter if the phone was inside a building, outside in the open, in a car, etc. - the phone did not ring.  It did not matter if the call was someone in-network, out-of network, calling from a landline, in my phone book or not in my phone book - the phone would not ring.

Currently, as I mentioned the new phone rings so far, but updates to apps via the Play Store (any/every app including Google apps, Motorola apps, and Verizon apps) either freeze or take a ridiculously long time to load.  It took over an hour to update Google Play services and over 15 min to update My Verizon Mobile.  The system update has attempted to run three times and stalls at around 19% for an hour before I cancel it; the countdown on the update continually increases to over 300 min remaining in the download.

Bavette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and have had it since the software update in December. However, one day my phone will ring and the other days it won't. I live in 74055.

Bavette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the issue since the software update. I bought the phone in November.

0 Likes
Bavette
Enthusiast - Level 2

sfji-my husband's works, as well. Mine doesn't. Did you get the same model? i.e. the same color? We didn't. I just wonder if it is a certain group of phones.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Might Try run a system cache clear or a F.D.R. try the cache clear first then if the issue persist then run the F.D.R. you many have some soft ware from the Old OS  conflicting with the new..  try these steps to see if the issue goes away..

0 Likes
toughteach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Set up advanced calling and cleared the cache after the update... Seems to be working, but I call myself a couple times a day from my landline just to make sure. Not really so happy with needing daily assurance. Wouldn't recommend this phone if you want turn key out of the box.

0 Likes