Turbo reads out texts and calls at any setting and location
aknight44

My Droid Turbo was awesome, until I downloaded the latest version of Lollipop. Since then, the phone reads out every text and call received, even if the phone is set to no interruptions or priority only. It does this at any location-Home (which is acceptable and I do not want to change that setting), Work (even when set to No Interruptions at work), and other locations not stored in the phone. I have tried checking the MOTO settings to ensure that Home is the only location where "Talk to Me" is enabled and checking the general text settings to ensure that no talking feature is turned on. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it stop reading out every text and call at every location?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo reads out texts and calls at any setting and location
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aknight44, your Droid Turbo is still awesome! Sounds like the issue you are having is with the TalkBack feature on the phone. Here are the steps to disable this.

On your Droid Turbo, go to Settings>Accessibility>TalkBack>turn off TalkBack.

Please keep us posted if you have any other questions.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aknight44

Thanks for the fast response! The Talkback feature is already off and has never been turned on. Is there another setting that I might need to change?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the suggestion in 'Stopping "New message from ______________, to hear it say listen" announcement'

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/869197

This thread linked above is in the same device space as the question you wrote. You might have saved some time by searching or scanning the community for similar discussions prior to asking the question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes