Turbo is bricked after OTA Marshmallow update.
bayoumedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is not rooted and is not encrypted.  I did the OTA and now stuck in boot loop with "no command" error.  Tried a soft and hard reset with no luck.  Is there a way to fix this?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo is bricked after OTA Marshmallow update.
morgansrm

Worked with store and online support.  No luck.  Suggestion was to have Motorola repair.  Motorola wants $150 to repair/swap.  Thanks for nothing....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your phone is working the way it should bayoumedic. Let's work towards a resolution. I know you mentioned that you tried a hard reset. Did you complete all fo these steps http://vz.to/2gZzoNp ? If so and the device is still not working, we would need to review replacement options.

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bayoumedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I went through all options with customer service.  It's not under warranty or insured. This is one of the few industries where you can break a product you sold a customer and just say oops not my fault you shouldn't have installed. Whoever pushes the update, verizon or moto, should take responsibility for bricking my phone and just replace it. Tell you one thing though I am never buying moto again. 2 years for an update and it kills my phone. My next phone will be a pixel, and it will be purchased from Google so it won't be locked.

So Mr customer service is verizon going step up and replace my phone?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a wonderful question. We will need to look in depth with you to see if there are any available replacement options. Please reach out to us on Twitter @VZWSupport or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/verizon for assistance.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes