Turbo 2 texting issues. Doesn't send groups, splits replies, inconsistent. Missing my iPhone.
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my first Droid - the Turbo 2 - and I should have known something was wrong when immediately after taking it out of the box, the sales guy started telling me to remove apps and replace them with other apps.

If what comes with it isn't good, how good can the replacements be? I've found this to be true so far.

I am using the Messaging app - the one with the icon of the green chat box with three darker green lines in it.

It is very inconsistent.

1) Group texts that instigate are often unsent.

2) I do not receive replies to most group texts.

3) For some group texts I receive replies but they arrive as individual texts, not within the established group text.

4) Most individual messages sent to me I do not receive.

5) Most replies that I send are not received.

6) This seems to apply both texts to and from iPhone and Android users.

I verified that my number was disassociated with iMessage, in iCloud via Find my iPhone, and from my Apple ID. All three locations. Apple has no association with my phone number anymore.

What's going on here? Why can't I send and receive texts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turbo 2 texting issues. Doesn't send groups, splits replies, inconsistent. Missing my iPhone.
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue has been partially resolved via the VZ Wireless chat feature. A really helpful and kind VZ rep was able to get text re-established between me and the world. The next step is to find a solution to email, which only Google can provide, apparently.

Any recommendations for in-line vs grouped emailing are welcome in the meantime.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Turbo 2 texting issues. Doesn't send groups, splits replies, inconsistent. Missing my iPhone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Philly_Jen We want you to love your new Motorola Droid turbo 2 as it is a great phone. We’re sorry to hear you’re off to a rocky start but we’ll do our best to make this a smooth transition. Having a consistent and reliable phone is very important as well as being able to send and receive text. Let’s figure out what the problem with messaging is on this device.  You mentioned that most text don’t go through and  group texts are often unsent. This would indicate that the issue is not with all messages.
Are you noticing the messages that do not send are to people with a specific carrier, location or anything that you feel would be helpful for us to know? For the people who can’t send you messages, is it  that they can’t send you messages at all? Or sometimes their messages do not reach you?

As for the statement about being told to remove certain apps, tell us what applications you were told to remove and the reason the sales agent advised you of this. We want you to have a great experience with your Droid turbo 2.  

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response and the assistance!

Texting

The issue impacts text recipients of any carrier and any location. There seems to be no pattern.

I have tried using both the Droid "Messaging" app (the one with the green chat icon) and Verizon's Message+ texting app and both produce the same results. A group text sent last night via Message+ was noted as being delivered but I never received a response to it, if any was sent at all. Neither apps work reliably at all and at this point, unless it's resolved, this phone is not performing the basic functions of a modern cell phone and for the money, I find this thoroughly unacceptable. I can't work this way. I really need the basics to work properly.

I misspoke when I said that my sales guy - who was exceptional - asked me to "remove" an app. Instead, he joined by boyfriend in saying he preferred the green Droid Messaging app. It was pre-installed on the phone.

Email

Email is the other app in question. The default email app (the white envelope with the blue paper and @ symbol) only allows incoming emails from one account. Because I have more than one email account, it was suggested that I download the Yahoo and Gmail apps separately. Now, instead of ONE email app, I have to check multiple email apps. This, I can get used to.

But I am a writer and I require incoming emailed news alerts from Google. These Google news alerts all have the same subject line. All of the email apps group emails with the same subject line together. And you can't delete one of them. You can't move one of them to another mailbox folder. You can only delete ALL of them. So 75% of what I use email for on my phone is completely unusable to me.

I believe I have two weeks to return the Phone. I made the mistake of trading in my old phone and probably will never see it again. But I need to know what penalties I will face for taking this useless slab back to the store and exchanging it for something that works properly?

0 Likes
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue has been partially resolved via the VZ Wireless chat feature. A really helpful and kind VZ rep was able to get text re-established between me and the world. The next step is to find a solution to email, which only Google can provide, apparently.

Any recommendations for in-line vs grouped emailing are welcome in the meantime.

0 Likes
rip1331

I have had the same problem. I cannot receive group texts from certain people but there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I have tried Message+, default Messenger and a third party app and I cannot receive messages correctly.

0 Likes
rip1331

Can you tell me how they resolved it?

0 Likes
Philly_Jen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey! Sorry for the delay. I don't know what they did on their end but there was a wee bit of turning the phone off, them doing things, and turning it on again. I would use the chat function and try to get a resolution.

As for the email issue - for posterity - in case someone stumbles upon this - MICROSOFT OUTLOOK. I kid you not. Their app is by far the best one out there. It's free. No ads. And you can delete your emails and not have them all clustered together.

Enjoy and best of luck!

0 Likes