Turbo 2 - VM notification remains and can't delete msg
pingram3541
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two problems since changing to this phone model.

1) When I get a new VM msg and listen to it over the phone, there is no option presented to delete the message.  Pressing 7 used to do this with my previous phone, pressing 7 now marks the message as read.

2) Upon listening to the message and marking it as read, the new message notification on the phone never goes away.  I can clear the notification by going to Apps > Phone > Clear Data but the notification simply returns upon the next reboot.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo 2 - VM notification remains and can't delete msg
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to manage your voicemail is vital. Let's look further into this. Are you dialing *86 or are you using visual voicemail on your device?
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Turbo 2 - VM notification remains and can't delete msg
pingram3541
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried the following 3 methods that result in the same thing.

1) Touch vm notification in android notification bar

2) Long press dial pad digit 1 from the phone app

3) Dial *86 from the phone app

Log into my voicemail, choose 1 to listen to messages, listen to complete message playback, delete option is never mentioned, even after choosing the additional options.  I tried digits that were not announced as well, no method to delete a message from the phone.

0 Likes