Trying to use my old phone as an alarm clock. My Verizon app thinks otherwise.
Rollerdawg

I upgraded from a Razr Maxx to a Samsung Galaxy 7 about 6 months ago.  I had been using an alarm clock app on the Maxx over wifi only without any issues.  About 2 weeks ago, the Maxx started asking me to login to My Verizon.  I enter the password to my account, and the login screen goes away, and the alarm clock app comes back up.  Sometime later, the My Verizon login screen pops up again, and in doing so, the alarm clock display goes away unless I login to the My Verizon app.   The phone won't stay logged in, and the phone display goes black (basically disabling effectiveness as an alarm clock). This repeats over and over again, and resetting the password or powering off and restarting has had no impact.  I'd like to completely disable the My Verizon app, but it seems to be hard coded into the phone and not a running app that I can disable.  Any ideas??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to use my old phone as an alarm clock.  My Verizon app thinks otherwise.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure it can't be disabled? You should also disable the notifications for that application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to use my old phone as an alarm clock. My Verizon app thinks otherwise.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rollerdawg, I can certainly understand the importance of having the extra phone to use for your everyday needs. Let’s work together to find out what’s going on. Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? Any moisture or physical damage to the device?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes