Top of the screen not touch sensitive sometimes.
leotor

I bought a brand new razr maxx 2 weeks ago.  Right after I got it I found that periodically the top of the screen would not be touch sensitive.  I would not be able to pull down the notification panel or click on buttons in apps where the button was at the top.  This would happen sometimes and other times it would work fine. 

I also noticed that during the time the top of the screen was not sensitive, the rest of the phone was fine.  Using the developer debugging tools it showed that I could not move the pointer to the top of the screen.

It would fix itself in the following way:  after a while the screen would freeze.  At that time if I pressed the power button to turn the screen (and not the phone) off and then on, it would start working again.

I have done a full factory reset.  I did not add any new apps since I got the phone.  I tried killing various processes.  Nothing helped.

I showed it to the verizon technician and his only suggestion was to get a replacement phone (which will be refurbished).  Since I think this might be a software issue, I am not sure how that would help.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to how to fix this issue.

thanks,

--S

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Top of the screen not touch sensitive sometimes.
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I really cant offer any help, just support. I have a Razr M, and mine does the same thing once in awhile, never freezes on me like yours has to you, but mine does lose sensitivity at top and bottom. I am so used to smart phones having "quirks", I am getting used to them,as long as mine does not freeze, I am happy..(LOL)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Leotor
The problems you described would be very upsetting. Let's get this addressed. I'm not showing any known issues with the screen and freezing. It may be the device itself. We may need to look at a replacement.

Our replacements do pass a thorough inspection. See all about them here: http://bit.ly/R69yVZ

Please send me a private message with your account information. I would be glad to get a replacement device ordered.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
leotor

Thanks JoeL_VZW of Verizon Wireless support! I explained the problem to

wirefly and they sent me a new replacement device that works well. Thanks

very much for your offer of support. I now get to enjoy the long battery

life of my Razr without the touchscreen crapping out!

--S

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes