There's no recovering data from a seemingly dead, won't power up, phone -
Mahadevi

- IS there..? I took these great photos last night & the phone died in mid-use. Not a battery issue, it was charged. Did the online directions to get the phone to power down, but even w/ being charged overnight, I can't get it to turn back on, & G+ didn't have the pictures on backup yet.

Curses, device fail. Smiley Sad BTW, my last phone was a Droid, the Droid 4. It gave me a lot of grief & salepeople at my local Verizon store were like: "Oh, that's because it's a crappy phone."

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: There's no recovering data from a seemingly dead, won't power up, phone -
Snn5
Legend

Did you try to hold the Power Button for 30 seconds to get it to attempt to turn back on?  (and why would you buy another Droid if you hated the D4 and everybody told you it was "crappy?")

0 Likes
Mahadevi

Yeah, I did all the things that the online troubleshooting guide said to do to revive the phone. None of 'em worked, including the extended holding down of the power button.

The salespeople saying my last phone - the Droid 4 - was "crappy" is more a reflection of that store's staff than the phone. The Droid 4 was one of the last w/ a physical keyboard, & that affected its overall stability. I chose the Droid Turbo this time around because it had an excellently-rated camera via online reviews, fabulous resolution on its screen & it's about half the price of an iPhone, & $100 less than a Samsung Galaxy Note.

Never had a phone die in mid-use before, w/ no dropping of it or other physical damage. Was so weird. Hit "send" on my text, then the screen went dead.

More bummed about losing those photos than anything else, TBH.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, I know you can get a replacement under warranty, though that doesn't help restore any photos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mahadevi, I know how important it is that you always have access to your photos. I do apologize that your phone gave up on you before you had the oportunity to back them up. Did you have a Gmail account stored on your phone were the pictures might of automaticatly backed up? When was your phone purchased? have you tried doing a sim pull and then try to power your phone up once again to see if this works http://bit.ly/1d7zZti ?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Mahadevi wrote:

...I can't get it to turn back on, & G+ didn't have the pictures on backup yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of ensuring your photos are saved Mahadevi. Let's work on getting your phone back up and running. I regret to inform that if the photos were not backed up prior to the phone powering off, there is not a way to retrive the photos.  Did you recently download any new third party application or software when your phone powered off? Can you try to press and hold the Colume Down button and Power button for approximately 3 seconds then relesase.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mahadevi

@Verizon Wireless Customer Support - as stated in the original post, I did everything that someone can do to get the phone "back up and running". It won't power on - even if I hold the "colume" button. Did the SIM card check, did the charging it overnight, everything the troubleshooting manual said to do. Nada. Zip. Bupkes.

Also, I wasn't doing anything weird with the phone when it died. I hadn't downloaded any third-party apps recently. I had pressed "send" on a text as I was sitting in my driveway. Got the answer, then the screen went black, but the phone was still on, frozen. Was able to get the phone to power back down by holding the power button for a few steady seconds. But it never turned back on.

The question was, if those photos were on that phone, but not backed up, is there any way to recover them? & the answer is, no, there isn't.

0 Likes
Mahadevi

@Verizon Wireless Customer Support - as stated in the original post, I did everything that someone can do to get the phone "back up and running". It won't power on - even if I hold the "colume" button. Did the SIM card check, did the charging it overnight, everything the troubleshooting manual said to do. Nada. Zip. Bupkes.

Also, I wasn't doing anything weird with the phone when it died. I hadn't downloaded any third-party apps recently. I had pressed "send" on a text as I was sitting in my driveway. Got the answer, then the screen went black, but the phone was still on, frozen. Was able to get the phone to power back down by holding the power button for a few steady seconds. But it never turned back on.

The question was, if those photos were on that phone, but not backed up, is there any way to recover them? & the answer is, no, there isn't.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To answer your question, no there is no way to get them back if the phone does not power on and they're not backed up on a cloud like G+.

I know it has been suggested but try again only plug the phone in for 15 minutes. Then unplug it and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons. This is more like 30 seconds than the 3 seconds suggested. Hopefully that helps.

This is why I will always look for a device that accepts an SD card. I refuse to use mobile data for picture backup and I know that when I take a picture it will be immediately saved to the card and won't be lost. This is just my preference.