The turbo loosing 4G LTE and sometimes even signal for long amounts of time.
Tyler98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im getting fed up with this issue ive been facing since I upgraded my turbo to 5.1 lollipop about a month ago. Sometimes if im using my phone for a hotspot or if im using a lot of data or a lot of ram for that matter, I loose my 4G LTE internet and cant seem to get it back no matter what I do. Now for starters, it isnt because I have bad signal because on a normal basis I have perfect signal in the same exact spot. I do have a 4G signal booster installed in my home so I get pretty great signal. My thinking is that its a issue with lollipop closing a certain process or application in the background that is suppose to keep the internet running and by doing that it cause me to loose 4G LTE and even signal in some occasions in the process.

I just did a factory reset on my phone by the way and it seemed to have fixed all of my issue until it ended up happening again. Only this time it didnt stay disconnected for quite as long as it usually does, but im getting really frustrated with this. If im using google maps trying to go somewhere and this happens, it says GPS lost and then I cant get my phone to take me anywhere.

Has anyone else experience these issues or know of anyway to work around them quickly when they happen? Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: The turbo loosing 4G LTE and sometimes even signal for long amounts of time.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your device Tyler98. I regret to hear of the difficulites you are experiencing with your device after you updated the software. When you installed the software to your phone, did you install all your third party applications back to your device?  Have you downloaded any new applications after the update? When you loose 4G signal is it only in your home area or everywhere you go?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: The turbo loosing 4G LTE and sometimes even signal for long amounts of time.
Tyler98
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens everywhere I go and seems to happen most when I'm using my phone

a lot or internet a lot. Yes, all third party applications are still

installed. And I've installed a few apps on the phone but not as many as I

use to. I would also like to add that I just lost my phone internet as I

was typing this reply which means a factory reset did not help.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015, 8:31 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Tyler98
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens everywhere I go and seems to happen most when I'm using my phone

a lot or internet a lot. Yes, all third party applications are still

installed. And I've installed a few apps on the phone but not as many as I

use to. I would also like to add that I just lost my phone internet as I

was typing this reply which means a factory reset did not help.

Another interesting this I would like to add is that it seems to have

trouble more when its plugged in, which makes me think lollipop is stopping

services to try and keep the phone from getting to hot. Of course this is

just a theory but I can't figure out why this is giving me so much trouble.

On Aug 7, 2015 8:31 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tyler98-

We want to make sure your phone is working as it should.  We're not giving up just yet.  Have you attempted to wipe cache partition http://vz.to/1qSB34I?  Give that step a try and keep us posted.
EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tyler98,

I appreciate the additional details. After a hard reset we recommend you use the phone a few days without any 3rd party apps just to make sure everything is working properly. Then you can start adding back the apps one at a time to see if the issue comes back.

Do you have the issue when accessing a certain app or function on the phone?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Tyler98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've actually narrowed down to what I believe the problem is. Whenever I plug my phone in, after about 5 minutes or less I loose data and even location for some reason. As to the cause of this  not sure. I feel like it could be lollipop trying to prevent my phone from overheating.

0 Likes