The software update failed!
lloydstation

So I've been attempting to update my phone to  6.12.181.en.US but every time it DL's I tap install and sure enough the phone reboots and says "The update failed" -- anyone seen this before or have any suggestions? I also did a factory reset (afterwards it still didn't install) in preparation for my hopefully soon yummy serving of ICS. Thanks ya'll!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: The software update failed!
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

For a moment I thought you were talking about the ICS upgrade failed.

0 Likes
lloydstation

yeah, tell me about it. I just want to get this resolved so I hopefully won't have to be making that post as well Smiley Happy

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hi lloydstation, I'm sorry the update isn't downloading on your device. There can be a few reasons why the process is not completing. Your phone could possibly have the most updated software. I will list steps to check the software below. Additionally, you may not have enough space on your phone to complete the process, which will also affect the ICS update when pushed to your device. I would check the memory on your device. Since our software updates can be large files, I recommend trying the software update via wifi. Also make sure you clear the cache, browser history, and temporary Internet files on your device. I will list two links below to view steps to clear phone. The most current version before ICS is pushed to your phone is 6.13.219.

Steps to View current software version:

1. From a Home screen, select Apps (located in the lower center). 
  2. Select Settings.
    Note If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select About phone.  

4. View the System version.

Steps to Clear Cache/Browser history: Links below:

http://bit.ly/Ljt4tF

http://bit.ly/y1z1ns

Please let me know if the above steps worked and have a good day.

KinquanaH_VZw

0 Likes
jotns

So 6.12.181. is not the current up to date version of 2.3.6?

0 Likes
cwoods88

I did all of that and it still says 'update failed.'

0 Likes
cwoods88

They've released an update.

0 Likes
jotns

Hmmm,  I do not have this nor can I update to receive it. Is this update part of updating to ICS?

0 Likes
cwoods88

I'm going to assume that, is your software 6.12?  They are saying the one before the ICS was supposed to be 6.13 but even I don't have that.  I'm trying to download it right now but that software is 6.16.  Major errors on their behalf because I never got the update for 6.13.

0 Likes
jotns

Then no, as I have 6.12.181. I guess I will have to call verizon and ask how to fix this.

0 Likes