The most recent ANDROID update has all but made my phone useless.
MrsDebB

The most recent ANDROID update has all but made my phone useless. I can get phone calls, but texts take 20 minutes to come into my phone, and my phone seems to "think" it takes 20 minutes to send texts out (although the people to whom I am sending the texts get them sooner). I lost every one of my ringtones for people, my SD card isn't recognized by my phone, I cannot open pictures through Gallery (but can get to photos through "photo app"), amazingly about 50 text messages from one person (which were all deleted) all of a sudden reappeared. Has anyone found anything that fixes any of this. I've soft restarted, hard restarted, went into Verizon to see what they could do... they are stumped too. I left the store with the advice to hope that ANDROID comes up with another update and REALLY soon. The other option was.... wait for it... to use the upgrade on my phone line (go figure right?)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: The most recent ANDROID update has all but made my phone useless.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MrsDebB,

I can definitely understand your frustration! A software update is meant to improve your device, not cause you headaches. You mentioned all this issues started right after the software update and that you have already done a hard reset. This should have reset the phone back to manufacturer settings. Did you make sure that you did not reinstall the 3rd party apps onto the phone after the update? Some apps may no longer be compatible with the new software and can cause issues. I recommend you try the hard reset again and make sure that the phone is not set up to automatically restore the apps http://vz.to/1otdC4R.

Keep me posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes