The data usage indicator on my phone shows the wrong billing period, and therefore the wrong amount remaining. How do I adjust that?
DisneyBarbie
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Data Usage indicator on my Droid Maxx 2 shows a billing period in the beginning of the month instead of the middle of the month. How do I change that time frame to match my plan so I know how much data is left?  It obviously doesn't happen automatically as my sister has the same phone and it shows the same incorrect period of time. Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The data usage indicator on my phone shows the wrong billing period, and therefore the wrong amount remaining. How do I adjust that?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to have your mobile data turned on before you'll see the 'change cycle' option (and sometimes once you turn on the mobile data, you'll need to back out of Data Usage and then go back into it in order to see the 'change cycle' option).

View solution in original post

Re: The data usage indicator on my phone shows the wrong billing period, and therefore the wrong amount remaining. How do I adjust that?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings - Data Usage - touch the cycle dates - touch the change cycle option. Adjust the dates to match your billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DisneyBarbie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. However, when I touch the cycle dates, I just get a drop-down menu of previous cycle dates. Whether I touch & hold it or just touch it once, it only gives that drop-down menu & does not give the option to change the cycle dates. It is a Droid Maxx 2, and I noticed the moderator moved it under Droid Maxx. Is there a different way to do it for the Maxx 2?  I appreciate the help!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to have your mobile data turned on before you'll see the 'change cycle' option (and sometimes once you turn on the mobile data, you'll need to back out of Data Usage and then go back into it in order to see the 'change cycle' option).

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't a specific space for the DROID Maxx 2. The steps are the same for all recent Motorola phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DisneyBarbie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup, I had my data turned off. Once I turned it on, the option to change the cycle appeared. Thanks for the help, problem solved!!!