Thanks for nothing Verizon
flakey

Three weeks after I buy a RAZR, Verizon puts out the RAZR MAXX and drops the price of a RAZR by $100. When I was buying my RAZR, I asked about extended batteries and was told sorry, no such thing. So, I go back in the Verizon store today and they tell me their return period on new phones was reduced to two weeks. Being the swell bunch they are, I was offered a trade for my three week old RAZR for a new RAZR MAXX for only an additional $150.00!! Any loyalty I had ends here.   

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Thanks for nothing Verizon
bearone21
Legend

life's like that. when i got my droid in dec lat year, the t-bolt came out shortly after, 4g could've been nice.

as the battery isn't accessible, probably why no extended battery.

it's like driving a car off the lot, driving it for 3 days, then wanting all the money back, neva happen.

mattba321
Enthusiast - Level 2

why didn't you ask how long the return period was when you bought it?

0 Likes
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Technology is always improving, yeah it sucks that you missed on the droid maxx, and I agree that its dumb that verizon sent a bigger battery RAZR. But in all fairness you should be doing research before you buy a cell phone on your own. I made the mistake when I first got a smartphone a few years ago. I bought the OG droid and less than a month later the Droid X and Droid 2 came out, and I wanted to switch to either one. Had I done my research I would have waited, but that was my mistake.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you inquired about them price match the diffrence, usually they would consider a credit for the diffrence if the device is lest than 30 days old and the devices price gets dropped.   If you could get them to work on this as a solution then you could get the MAXX for 50.00...

Sorry to agree with others post but you situation isnt a new one when dealing with technology, they change so fast you could ge whiplash..   I am sure if you as a good customer Verizon would be open to consider something like this as a option but on the same not remember that there isnt any thing that makes it a obligation for Verizon to do this but it dont hurt to try..

Good Luck.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

flakey wrote:

Three weeks after I buy a RAZR, Verizon puts out the RAZR MAXX and drops the price of a RAZR by $100. When I was buying my RAZR, I asked about extended batteries and was told sorry, no such thing. So, I go back in the Verizon store today and they tell me their return period on new phones was reduced to two weeks. Being the swell bunch they are, I was offered a trade for my three week old RAZR for a new RAZR MAXX for only an additional $150.00!! Any loyalty I had ends here.   

Out of curiosity, did the RAZR you have come with a 32GB or 16GB SD card. The RAZR which is now $100 less only has the 16GB card. The RAZR which is selling for $50 less has a 32GB SD card. The RAZR MAXX comes with a 16GB SD card.

0 Likes
JohnJ1017
Enthusiast - Level 3

What a scam

Verizon, thanks for screwing us customers by releasing the MAXX and not doing anything for us that bought the RAZR 3 months ago with the piece of crap battery that came with it.

It is a slap in the face.

Dont fall for the verizon bullshit that Motorola comes out with new phones every few months and that it should be expected..

It is not a new phone.. it is the same freaking phone with the battery that should of been in it in the first place..

Do I sound bitter??? Damn Straight!

0 Likes
dwdowty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I learned a long time ago, to never be loyal to a brand or service.  Verizon is simply the best for me at the moment.

"Being the swell bunch they are, I was offered a trade for my three week old RAZR for a new RAZR MAXX for only an additional $150.00!! Any loyalty I had ends here."

What did you want them to do?  They don't make money on phones as it is.  They didn't even have to make a discounted offer.

"scam"

"thanks for screwing us"

"slap in the face"

Really?...Take responsibility for your own purchases instead of blaming verizon for offering you a product. If it is a complete lemon, that's another issue, and motorola has been known to release quite a few.  I never buy a newly released product, I wait at least a few months.  Every electronic device has bugs that need working out, yes, even apple products.

FYI:  Buyers remorse is never seen more often than in a tech that advances so fast like cell phones and cars.  Consumers who want the shiniest newest bestest thing will always fail to realize that as long as people develop new things, that said consumer will never be happy.

0 Likes
strike01

go this site

http://www.celltradein.com/index.php

trade -in your phone, i did with 2 of mine now,they are offering $275 for normal use and your, since it's almost new should get you $286 according to todays website offer. i sold my samsung charge and now my razr for the maxx, and i'm actually saving money..

0 Likes
Lockup
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tend to agree with the posters who are a little ticked off.  Look there is always the latest and greatest phone coming out but this is the same phone with just a different battery in it.  VZW knew the model with the better battery was coming out but wanted to make a buck off the previous phone around the holidays.  Everyone knows companies like VZW exist to make a profit.  It would be nice though if VZW wasn't so blantant about stepping on their customers to do it.  I think they have a right to be a little ticked off that a better version of the same phone they just bought comes out months after the original.

0 Likes