Texts With Photos Will Not Download
RCB708
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get text notifications that say Message Size: 30 KB (usually); an expiration date; and a button to "download" or "reject" I touch "download" and get a notification that says "message not received. Select message and try again"  Get same over and over, and seemingly ONLY when the text has a photo attached. Very very aggravating. Any Help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texts With Photos Will Not Download
RCB708
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to Verizon Service Center. They said there is a "known conflict" w/photos in texts when Droid Razr M is set to Global network. Got to settings>data usage>more>mobile networks>network mode - then switch to LTE / CDMA (that's what we use in U.S.) Then go back to "home page" Shut Down then restart.  Worked for Me! Smiley Happy And cleared up other connection problems as well! Smiley Happy

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please verify that you have an active 3G or 4G signal when you attempt to download attachments in text messages. These attachments won't download over the WiFi network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RCB708
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't have this problem with older 3G Droid, Have had 4G razer only a few weeks and problem started about 7 days ago. thanks

0 Likes
RCB708
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to Verizon Service Center. They said there is a "known conflict" w/photos in texts when Droid Razr M is set to Global network. Got to settings>data usage>more>mobile networks>network mode - then switch to LTE / CDMA (that's what we use in U.S.) Then go back to "home page" Shut Down then restart.  Worked for Me! Smiley Happy And cleared up other connection problems as well! Smiley Happy

Good Luck

0 Likes