Texting Issue
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

When ever someone emails me as part of a group text and I respond, the text goes to everyone in the group.  Why does it do that and how can I change it??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Texting Issue
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

That should say when they text me as part of a group text...sorry.

0 Likes
Indian
Contributor - Level 1

By default, your reply is to all the recipients.  If you want to change that, click on menu........modify recipients.......and you can delete whomever you want.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Is there a setting that lets me keep it so that I do not reply to everyone that the other person sent the text to as well, or do I have to change it every time???  I am using Handcent by the way.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

And also, when others reply to her message I do not get those.  It seems to only be a problem on my end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KellyArens!

Thank you so much Indian for your response. They are correct that there is not an individual setting to turn group message off. You would need to choose to respond to the one person only. If you change the settings for group messages, it will send individual messages to you everytime someone responds, instead of being the thread. You can go to messaging>Menu key>Outgoing group message type.

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes