Text messages sending is delayed
tbihn01

Sometimes, I'm lucky and the message sends right away, but most others, it takes up to several minutes to send. This has been an issue on business trips where I'm trying to work out time to pick up or be picked up by co-workers.  Shutting down the phone and turning back on does not help.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages sending is delayed
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When was the last time you ran a system cache clear?  It won't change any settings, and it may speed things up for you.

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if doesn't work:

press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

Are you running several apps at once when trying to send messages?  Try closing all apps and see if that helps?

0 Likes
tbihn01

I see a Droid laying on its back with a red exclamation point. Under him, it said "No Command".

Pressing up and down volume at same time and releasing had no action. As I was typing this, I heard the "Droid" for it booting up. I never saw a screen where I could click on wipe cache.

I tried pressing and releasing up and down buttons, holding up and down buttons, and holding power, up, and down buttons. Nothing did anything, except holding down all three did cause it to boot (or possibly coincidence)

0 Likes
tbihn01

Also tried to hold down button for 2 seconds and while continuing to hold down, simultaneously press up and down for 6 seconds and release both simultaneously. Then tried holding down for 2 seconds, releasing, then pressing both up and down for 6 seconds. Then tried down and power for 2 seconds, and simultaneously all three for 6 seconds then release.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbihn01,

I am so sorry to hear of the text issues you are having. Do you notice issues with sending text to certain numbers or when you are in certain areas? Do you have any issues with calls or data? Have you tried to remove and reinsert your SIM and test again? http://vz.to/ZfWSnU

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbihn01

It happens randomly. Sometimes it works immediately, sometimes it takes minutes for a text to send – even to other users on Verizon. Area doesn’t seem to matter. I’ll try removing the sim card.

Thanks

Tom

Personal information removed as required by

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Harleycat

My razr m is having the same problems.  sometimes messages send immediately, other times they are delayed as much as 30 mins.  😞     My android tablet, also using verizon messaging, sending before my phone does.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying the SIM card removal tbihn01, did this seem to help? Have often do you delete long message threads? If you have long threads, I suggest deleting them as this will have an impact on the Messaging App. Once you've done this reset the app, http://vz.to/1qVxGPx, and test it again. Send your send a message first and then to others.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see why you have a sad face, HarleyCat. Have you been able to try the steps SuzyQ mentioned?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes