Text Messages stuck as "sending" (green arrow)
jayarebee7

I searched around a bit and could not find an exact match or relative post regarding my issue.

I have the Motorola Droid RAZR Android Version 4.1.2 and System Version 98.72.16.XT912  US

The past several weeks with numerous friends with different numbers and services I have been experiencing a lot of issues with my text messages successfully sending. I click send and I get the green arrow indicating the message is being sent, and that's it.. it freezes on that. Sometimes people respond as they obviously received the message.. sometimes not and I have to either text them again or call them if it's important. I figured it was a network issue and would eventually be fixed but today it happened and someone actually messaged me hours after I sent them the initial message. They asked why I just sent the same message to them 4 hours later, verbatim word for word she knew it was some kind of error. I figured I'd ask a few friends if they've received duplicate messages from me or "delayed" responses from me and quite a few said yes... I wish they would have told me!

I purchased this phone brand new maybe like a year and a half ago from my local Verizon store, I only updated the System Update once, as it has only been offered once. I do not remember if these errors occurred prior to that update they may very well have. I really like this phone and like the Verizon service, I will most likely take the phone in to the local store and ask the same question and even show them if this continues. I have tried rebooting the phone, reactivating the phone via the dialing *228 or whichever number it is after restarting the phone. I have taken the Verizon sim SD/card as well as my secondary SD card out upon having powered off.

I give up, I've waited this out for quite awhile and figured I would ask if anyone has had the same problem with this phone. I believe it very well could be a Firmware/Software issue, like I said I do not remember if this problem existed prior to the software update I did months ago. Unfortunately the problem just seems to have become incredibly worse the past month or so. I hope someone can help without having to go into the store and wiping the phone or having to get a new one... help please Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messages stuck as "sending" (green arrow)
dookie84

I have the same exact problem. tried a factory reset, and that did not work.

0 Likes
jayarebee7

Hmm it's strange. I never tried that but I will take your word for it. Do you have the same phone model and all as I listed? I tried "Reactivating" the phone, I removed both SD cards, rebooted, put them back in, etc.. not many options. I guess I will need to get to the store to ask when I have some time this week. I really do not need a new phone I am hoping they can figure something out. This phone is still in great condition like when I got it and is capable of doing everything I need on one device so upgrading is not something I would prefer to do if it's possible to figure out what the issue is. It seems like some type of messaging server issue, I don't know what could bug certain texts from others. All my contacts have 1+area code + 7 digit number as I read somewhere some phones have issues with contacts because of something as silly as that... IDK blah not convenient!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For Verizon Wireless phones and network, Contacts should be saved in the ten digit format without the 1 in front. It should be XXX-XXX-XXXX.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jayarebee7

Sorry I get confused some times. Well the contact that gave the issue tonight did not have 1 in front of their contact #. So I don't believe the numbering is the issue.

0 Likes