Text/Data not working after connected to WiFi intermittently
k_trazy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid RAZR MAXX HD. This has been happening since day one where if I'm connected to WiFi for an extended period of time (3+hrs) my Mobile Network State would be disconnected and I cannot send/receive picture messages, and I cannot send/receive texts messages. If I turn off my WiFi to force a Mobile Network connection my screen would show signal strength but no 4GLTE/3G/1X is shown. I have to either restart my device or go into Airplane Mode for 30 seconds or so then reconnect and forces a fresh Mobile Network data connection. Any thoughts?

Labels (2)
Re: Text/Data not working after connected to WiFi intermittently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there K.trazy,

Let's keep you connected.  This is an odd behavior.  When you turn off WiFi your phone should automatically connect to 3G or 4G depending on the area that you are in.  What is your zip code? Do you have any battery saver apps installed on the phone? If so, this could be disabling your data to save battery. Also please try powering the device off and removing and reinserting the sim card.  For the proper steps to handle the sim card visit,http://vz.to/15fEHk8.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
k_trazy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the prompt response:

Very odd behavior, it is. My ZIP code is 55373 (Rockford, Minnesota). No battery saver apps that I know of. I even did a factory-reset and this still happens. I've tried powering down my device and did that SIM card removal and re-installation. All to yield no differences in behavior.

k_trazy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I'm not allowed to edit my post: here's a screenshot of my signal strength and signal type:

Again I am unable to send/receive text messages or MMS. I have not tried calling yet. Will need to restart phone or go into airplane mode for 30 seconds to force a restart of the radio.

Screenshot_2013-08-28-01-49-08-1.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear k.trazy,

Good afternoon. Thank you so much for trying the above troublehsooting steps and providing us with your zip code. The 55373 area does seem to lack towers in the area. This is what may be causing the data connection issues.

When did you purchase your device? Have we replaced your SIM card recently? Any physical or water damage to your device. I would also recommend running your phone on safe mode then test. To run your phone on safe mode click http://vz.to/155Iv7n

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes