Terrible service jumping
steffiek

I am having frustrating problems with my phone in my own home, i recently moved to a house 9 miles from my previous place and in this house my phone goes into Roaming, 3g, 4g and digital services. I cannot hold a conversation without the other person telling me i'm cutting out and they can't hear me.  I went into the store, they said update the satellites by dialing *228 and it should be fine because there is great coverage in my location... Well guess what... I STILL ROAM in my house even though I have "great coverage" here... Anyone know how to help before i really get frustrated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible service jumping
wiesky

I'm writing this under the assumption you have a RAZR. As the RAZR is a 4GLTE device, the PRL is updated via the network at each power on. Anyone who told you to use *228 opt 2 on a 4GLTE phone is, well, an idiot. Additionally, there are no "satellites" involved in CDMA/LTE cell phone communication; as we have cellular phones--not satellite phones. Feel free to correct them and ask for someone who knows what they're talking about. The PRL version my RAZR is showing is 14013, so check what you have under Settings>About phone>Status.  Is anyone else having these issues with their phones in your house or is it limited to you? Does the signal connectivity change in different locations? As you said you recently moved to a new house, there may be obstacles causing signal propagation in your new location. For example, the connection strength you would have atop your house would be far better than sitting in a concrete basement by the water heater. Have you made any changes on your phone form the time when you had great signal to when your signal went to hell? (e.g., installing applications that may inhibit network connectivity strength, etc) On the assumption you have a WiFi connection at home, does the call quality change when you're connected v. not connected? One trick I usually do when my phone starts acting up is just doing a soft reset. It seems to fix quirky problems. So, verify some stuff on your phone, give it a soft reset and see what happens.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on an old Alltel plan? That PRL number looks like an Alltel PRL.

I have a Verizon Wireless nationwide plan and the PRL is 15154 for my 4G LTE phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wiesky

Currently on Share Everything, which, of course, is also nationwide. I was on a dirt-old Alltel plan a few months ago. However, the coverage from the old plan to the new one didn't change. So, if my PRL hasn't been updated, it is of no concern to me as I have great signal connectivity; and, well, it would update if a new one was available whenever I power it on.

0 Likes
steffiek

Prl is 15154. No one else around here has any issues with verizon service in this town, i have trouble throughout the town.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you to the community members for assisting steffiek! I understand the importance of having reliable service steffiek. Has the device been recently replaced? Has the sim card been replaced? Do you experience these issues outside of your home or is it just indoors? I want to ease your frustrations. Please reply back so that I can better assist!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes