Re: Terrible phone connections when HD calling off, dropping calls when HD calling on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KillingtonRich, I appreciate all of the details that you have provided today. We want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this issue. I would acutally like to test something out real quick. If you have HD Calling ON and the Network Extender ON as well, are you getting the issues with your phone but then the other phones in the house are able to use their phone? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Terrible phone connections when HD calling off, dropping calls when HD calling on
KillingtonRich
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, when the extender is on (or off) and my phone's hd option is on I have a much better connection. Kind of a weird "fuzzy" noise on calls, but at least I'm not dropping my calls now.

The other phone's no longer connect to this new extender I was told I needed to purchase. I should be refunded for this, as well as the other expenses I've incurred (the galaxy 6). And, I believe a solution should be found - this is not rocket science...

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a good connection is important, KillingtonRich. Let's ensure this is corrected. Were the other devices also having trouble on the old Network Extender? On the new Network Extender, do you have a Whitelist (list of phones that are able to connect to it) or is it set to Open? How long ago did you purchase the new extender?
LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I realize it's just about a year since my initial post and should anyone else come across this, I wanted to update my issue. The problem still persists. I have had *2* refurb phones sent to me, both Droid Turbos. The first was a dud (bad battery life, blown speaker, even worse call reception) so that one went back. I recently got another replacement phone under the warranty and also a Samsung network extender for in the house, gratis thanks to tech support. I have never had reception problems here at home, however the tech I spoke with said it couldn't hurt and he also had suggested turning OFF HD calling on the backend, which he did. Since then, I have had time to test this replacement device only to have the exact same issues - static and chopped up calls while driving, 1X or 3G service in an area where VZ maps show total and complete 4G coverage.

Initially, I thought the antenna in my original phone was bad, so did tech support, hence the replacements, however given that I am on my THIRD device I have come to the conclusion, it's a flaw in NETWORK ITSELF or a horrible DESIGN FLAW ON THE PHONE. Since I dont know anyone else in the area with a Turbo, I can't confirm this. Either way, as soon as I have finished paying enough of my phone off on the payment plan, I am dumping this piece of garbage and going to another brand. Oh and for the record...even while standing 10 feet from the network extender, I am lucky to get 3 out of 5 bars of 4G coverage, so even thats a bust. Such a disappointment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to leave the Verizon family. We want to get to the bottom of this. There could an issue with the tower. We may need to submit a trouble ticket to resolve the issue. We suggest that every time there is a dropped call that you you dial #832 for a test call. This will help us identify which tower is having the issue. We would need at least three test calls to be able to open a ticket. Would you be willing to give this a try?
RobertH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't dropped any calls in a while however the static and horrible connection quality still persists. Due to the dense population of my area, I highly doubt it's 1 tower causing the issue. Most of the time, the problem happens while I am driving, whether on bluetooth or handset, same result. I also happens in many areas, not just one isolated area. If I understand what you are asking, the next time I have a call with poor reception, I am to hang up my call immediately, then dial #832, then what? Is it automatically logged with VZ or am i supposed take time to call it in to tech support? If you think this will help, I'll do it but I need a bit more information. Thanks.

0 Likes