Re: Terrible phone connections when HD calling off, dropping calls when HD calling on
revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys, while I appreciate your frustration and dissatisfaction with VZW, please don't hijack my thread to vent. I am trying to attempt to get some real useful feedback on my problem. At this point, no one has suggested an extender to me, nor would it even be logical to suggest that a solution to my problem since I am on the road and not at home - hence different from your issues. I did remove and replace the SIM card over the weekend and tested it this morning. So far, so good. No more static-y calls, yet.

Re: Terrible phone connections when HD calling off, dropping calls when HD calling on
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Hope ya got YOUR problem fixed. I did. But since people want to be ignorant will not say anymore. Good luck

0 Likes
revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, VZW, I am still having poor sounding calls. I have tried removing and replacing the SIM but no luck. The other side of the call says I am coming in clear and has no problems hearing me but on my side, it occasionally is still static-y. This doesn't happen on every call but maybe 3 out of 5 calls. When connected on a call, I see 5 bars (although when the call connects it doesn't show 3G or 4G, just bars). The best way I can describe it is if you were to talk in to a spinning fan - that's how it sounds. Again, this is happening while driving and also while at my home and at my office. The zip codes are mostly 11803, 11801, 11791, 11793. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
These details are very helpful for us. Do you know of any other VZW users in the area who are experiencing the same call issue? When did the problem begin?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
dssguy2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

People, I am gonna say it again. The problem with static calls is related to the phone having hearing mode disabled, you need to ENABLE HEARING MODE COMPATABILUTY. It is found in the setting area when you launch the dialer keyoad.

1. Push phone button as is your gonna dial a phone number

2. While dialer is on screen select Settings

3. Scroll down and make sure HEARING MODE COMPATABILUTY IS ENABLED.

THAT'S IT, NO MORE STATIC CALLS.

I had this problem for months and Motorola and Verizon tech support NEVER COULD FIGURE IT OUT. The Static would happen ONLY WHOLE PHONE WAS IN MOTION. When phone is STATIONARY calls would sound normal. I admit being a former Motorola engineer, it doesn't make sense but that's the fix for your problem.

My easier solution was to go back to BlackBerry Z30, and NEVER HAVE THIS TYPES PROBLEMS AGAIN. Since going back to BlackBerry Everything is 150% better. Can even run Android apps as well as blackberry apps. GO BACK TO BLACKBERRY Z30 AND YOU WON'T BE SORRY, YOU WILL ONLY BE GLAD YOU DID. BlackBerry 10 devices have Zero Problems and you can upgrade your OS ANYTIME YOU WANT. Upgrades coming out all the time and it just gets better every time.

Ask ANY VERIZON SUPPORT PERSON, ask them HOW MANY PROBLEMS CALLS DO THEY GET FOR BLACKBERRY DEVICES (Z30, CLASSIC, Q10) AND THEY WILL TELL YOU EITHER VERY FEW OR NONE AT ALL. BLACKBERRY JUST WORKS AND DOESNT STOP.

As more and more people take chance and give Blackberry a TRY Again, they Usually stay with that device due to better antenna system, fewer dropped calls, 4 speakers, 3 microphones, HD Calling Vuilt-In WITHOUT THE NEED FOR VO-LTE

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

hmmm droid turbo doesn't have HEARING MODE COMPATABILUTY .   

dssguy2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it does. Bring up your dialer and select 3 dots at lower right corner and select Settings, go almost to end and it says Hearing aid compatability, you need to enable this setting

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

0 Likes
revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I don't know anyone else who has these problems but I know on my old device in the exact same locations I had no problems. The problem has been since day 1 when I got the device. As to @joenFL advice, I saw that online before I posted on here and that didn't help. The problem is partly static but more or less just terrible reception in areas that I used to have fine reception. I have already been to a VZ corporate store and they have never heard of this in this area (the store is close the area I am having problems) but they replaced the SIM card anyway but still no dice. I am hoping the push to 5.1 will fix this but somehow I doubt I am that lucky. Please advise. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apprecaite your time and patience as we work to offer you the best possible wireless service. I have sent a Direct Message to furtehr review the device and network information. I will look forward to your reply!

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KillingtonRich
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW - if you only knew what I've been thru with this issue! I got the new Galaxy 6, which didn't work on the 6 year old Network Extender. After multiple calls to troubleshoot, I was told to upgrade the Extender (for $190)- this did not correct the problem. More troubleshooting calls, and never any follow-up from Customer Svce. Really bad experience!

Anyway, I was then told to replace the new Galaxy i just bought, still no improvement. I eventually had a Level 2 tech tell me to turn ON HD calling  and turn OFF the Extender (exactly the opposite of what everyone else has said for 10 weeks). Despite his misinformation about this leveraging my wifi, it seemed to have worked a bit.It seems to force the phone into 4G LTE mode - call quality is poor, but at least I'm not dropping every call. Problem now of course is the other older phones in my family are not on the Extender, so they can't use their phones.

Overall, Ive initiated 8 calls to Tier Two support over 10 weeks - and despite promises for call backs and resolution, I get nothing. So, I've spent $$$ on new phone, a new Network Extender, and still can't get to the bottom of this. Just today, I got a Supervisor on and asked for an email address to start doing this by email (to document) - guess what - you cannot email them anywhere! Crazy...the saga continues!

0 Likes