Terrible phone connections when HD calling off, dropping calls when HD calling on
revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

When making calls while on a 4G connection with HD calling on, I get clear conversations...until I lose 4G covereage (which is often where I live and work). I understands no 4G means no VoLTE so no connection and I drop calls alot. This is incredibly frustrating as I NEVER had this problem on my Droid Razr Maxx. The other caller also frequently cant' hear me but I can hear them. When I turn off HD Calling, I no longer drop calls or having connections issues, however the call quality is terrible, I have all kinds of static and choppy connections. Any suggestions how to improve this? The whole phone aspect of my phone seems to have been overlooked on this newer phone.  Hopefully this is resolved when we get upgraded to 5.1 with some kind of hand-off from VoLTE to 3G without dropping (I miss my 2 antennas in my Razr Maxx). Thanks in advanced!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible phone connections when HD calling off, dropping calls when HD calling on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
revengejr,

Let's take a look here! Making phone calls from our advanced devices is still an important feature.  How long have you had the device? Have you been having call quality issues since you've had it? Is it occurring in one particular area or zip code? Please share a few details.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Terrible phone connections when HD calling off, dropping calls when HD calling on
revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its happening in my home town, mostly in the same zip code. The device is all of a month old, if that. I did not have these problems in the same places with my Droid Razr Maxx so I know its not a connection issue. I am usually on full strength 3G; or 1 or 2 bars of 4G.

revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and its been happening since I have had it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information, revengejr!

In what zip code are you experiencing this problem?  Please try removing and reinserting the SIM Card: http://vz.to/1ItVZIy.  Keep me posted with your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Careful, all they will suggest is spending 250 on a network extender.  The map AND my phone shows 4G LTE with Advanced calling on and STILL calls coming in go to voicemail. Apparently they're telling me THEIR map is wrong, even told me it's their towers and wanted me to buy a Network Extender. LMAO  Never had such a problem. Sure, had the S5 and called in, BUT they told me you MUST have Advanced calling on. So that took care of the S5 when I had it. Now, this piece of junk turbo is worse and the Advance Calling IS ON.  Verizon maps are WRONG!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
psf57

This is a concern of mine! We want to make sure that your phone is working properly and not having any service issues. Let's get started! When you receive a call, it wont ring and go straight to Voicemail correct? What zip code are you in? When advance calling is turned off on your Droid Turbo are you able to receive calls?
JorgeO_VZW
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Doesn't ring, goes to voice mail. I tried both ways, with advance calling off (makes it worse) and advance calling on.  If I turn the phone off then on, it's good for several hours. I don't have any junk apps installed. I am Suppose to be in 4G LTE, 17881. But now the reps tell me no, I'm marginal. If that's the case your map is wrong.  I can post a screen shot where the phone is sitting in one place how it loses connection. Today, phone sets on table, in shade outside and I get notice Battery is getting hot?! [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] I wasn't even using the phone!!! Screen was off, etc.  This has got to be the worse phone I ever had through Verizon Wireless.

revengejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in 11803 but the problem also occurs in 11791, 11801 and the surrounding areas. I have removed and replaced the SIM card. I have not yet had the opportunity to test this yet. I will test it more thoroughly this week and let you know what happens. My issues seem much less and completely different than psf57's so while he is also having issues with advanced calling, my issue is not while being in one place. 9 out of 10 times, its while I am moving - whether I am driving or if I am sitting at my desk at work. For me, a network extender wouldn't even make sense since the majority of the time, the problem is not while I am home.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I am seriously considering going to AT&T. Sure, I'm on the Edge program, the heck, I'll return the phone and ya know what they can do with that Edge payment.  Yep telling me I need a Network Extender in a 4G LTE zone. LMAO Isn't the NE for 3G though?  Apparently they don't want to investigate only push for the $$$.  And ontop of leaving Verizon, will NEVER buy another motorola or any device that is company specific. The devices get abandoned with no updates or fixes for problems.