On the Droid Razr, is there a way of turning off the 4G signal and using the 3G for a while and then going back to 4G.
My reason is I was told that the 4G signal eats a lot of battery so I was wondering when the 4G is not needed can the 3G be used?
Solved! Go to Correct Answer
I got the phone on the charger so when it finishes charging I will ttry it
Got another question about it, if I switch to 3G, you CAN switch back to 4G?
Thank you for responding
after I try I will post your answer as a solution!
I haven't - but I'm using Smart Actions to auto-connect to my designated WLAN's and then disable the mobile network. Works great and has drastically improved battery life.
1. Go to the Smart Actions app.
2. Press the green plus at the top right corner.
3. Select "Start from scratch".
4. Tap the plus on the triggers menu and select "Wifi Connection"
5. Select your wifi network
6. Tap the plus on the "Actions" menu
7. Select Cellular Data and click disable