Switch and bait sales Verizon terrible
fnfireguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for nearly 20 YEARS! I bought an XT1080 years ago and a warranty plan to go with it. The phone is paid but I kept the warranty alive to replace a lost, broken or stolen phone. 

Verizon and shown me how stupid was because they DO NOT HONOR those warranties!!!

They are willing to send me a new model of phone but it's near an iPad size and I didn't like it. I was told that I had two choices. 1. take what ever we give you! 2. upgrade and buy a new phone! 

I compared this to having a mercedes SUV and it breaking and the replacement is a mercedes Sprinter. Won't fit, don't like it but they have deemed it their choice to mess me around. 

I'm telling EVERYONE to BAIL from Verizon! What a joke of customer service and certainly a joke of a business plan to ignore customer loyalty!

Labels (1)
Re: Switch and bait sales Verizon terrible
fnfireguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

AND if you want some real fun and agrivation, visit one of their stores.......two stores and 3 jackass' without exception. My wife went in to see for herself and guess what........she left REALLY MAD at the same jackass mentality! 

By Tuesday morning I'm gone! T-Mobile here I come!

mama23dogs
Legend

Warranty or insurance?

Warranty is from the manufacturer and is usually for one year on mobile devices.  Carriers will assist in warranty replacements, per the agreement they have with that manufacturer.  Warranty is free.

Insurance is paid for with a monthly premium, and is provided by Asurion, not Verizon.  Insurance will replace a device with a similar one if they cannot provide an identical replacement.  They’re under no obligation to provide an identical device and the device may be refurbished.    Insurance covers any loss, breakage or failure after the manufacturer one year warranty expires.  

If you had read the insurance policy, you would know all this.  

BTW asurion is the provider for all wireless carriers.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

BTW the deductible for insurance replacement is probably more than if you bought one off eBay (used as it’s a 5 year old phone).  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes
Jules18

I don’t know if you call this Switch and Bait, but the service in their stores is just plain terrible. They used to have good staff that knew what they were doing and could solve issues and problems with the phone that you already had. They also seemed to know the differences in the phones they were selling there. Now the staff seems to be whatever shows up at the front door and is looking for a job and probably just knows how to turn a phone on or off. I don’t even think they are interested in selling anything and certainly don’t know anything about attempting to fix your current phone. As for transferring the contact and other apps from your old phone to the new one that you found cheaper to order on line –you are on your own at home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want our customers to have a poor expierence with us. We would love to take the oppurtunity to assist you, and go over more details with you about your device. JasonC_VZW

0 Likes
pissedCustomer5000

Sorry Jason but I disagree with your statement. I've had 2 major issues with Verizon over the last several months and have made the decision after 16 yrs with your company to sever ties. The last straw was the bait and switch tactics that are used by Verizon. I went to one of your stores to purchase a phone for my dad and was told that if I upgrade my own iphone I would get a $200 credit towards an iphone 11 (black Friday deal). The rep Joe gave me a box and shipping label to ship my old phone and told me it had to be received within 15 days. I followed the instructions and shipped my phone. I received an email from Verizon stating that they received my phone (this was within the allowable time), but the email stated only $40 for the phone. I went back to the store and spoke with Joe again letting him know that I don't see any discounts on my bill and he assured me that he would take care of this issue, just give him a couple of days to do so. He also said the phone was received one day late (which it wasn't). He gave me his business card to call him if I still haven't after a week seen the discount applied to my bill. Two weeks later still no discount applied and when I call he states that he will call back but never does.

Spoke to a customer service rep who told me the discount that Joe told me about does not apply to my account and that I should have read the internet terms. What??? I walk into a store and the rep tells me about a discount, so I need to read the internet before I accept? I only upgraded phone because of I was told I would get this disount; also there was a similar promotion at another establishment that didn't do because I was mislead. The phone rep made it seem like I was lying about upgrading my phone because of discount. Verizon has very much gone downhill. Terrible customer service.

0 Likes