Speaker goes in and out.
drnickens
Enthusiast - Level 1

The speaker on my Razr seems to go in and out... Sometimes when I am using speakerphone, I can not hear anything, but the person I am calling can hear me.  Also, sometimes when I am playing music through my speaker, no sound comes out. Any clues anyone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Speaker goes in and out.
Cody21
Master - Level 2

It really sounds like a hardware issue ... Should not be doing that .. How old is your phone? If < 1 year and you can reproduce the problem at a Verizon store, they should swap it for a 'good as new', not NEW. If < 14 days, you can get a new one.

0 Likes
drnickens
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately I can not recreate it, it does it whenever it wants.  The phone is only a couple months old.  I figured it was a hardware problem, I just haven't had a chance to get to the store with it.  I just posted hear to see if anyone else has had this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, drnickens-

I'm sorry your new phone is having issues with the speaker! I agree with the community that this appears to be hardware related, but researched and found no related concerns from users. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message if this continues to be an issue for you.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rliebeck
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read on droid forums their is a hardware issue with the headphone jack if you rub just below the speaker it will work again

0 Likes
drnickens
Enthusiast - Level 1

AdamE_VZW, is this an email address? This goes out at the most inconvenient times, but whenever I try to show someone what I'm talking about it won't do it.  With the exception of this issue, this phone (with ics installed) is hands down better than anything else I've used on the market...

0 Likes
drnickens
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's if you don't have it in a case.... Even so, this is def something that needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
mls3331
Contributor - Level 1

lost sound after 3 weeks on my new razr maxx. called support, which was more than helpful and courteous and they had me send the phone back. they then sent me a reconditioned one....so far, so good on that one...to be continued...

0 Likes