Some texts go thru and some dont?
phatdonkey78

i updated to Jelly Bean in March and everything was fine for a few weeks.  then sometime in the middle of april my phone would send a text message but indicate that it hadnt sent it yet.  (on the stock text app it shows the green arrow, on handsent it shows the spinning circle.)  in some cases it would never send the message but i wouldnt know since half of the time it shows messages havent gone thru, when in some cases they have.

whats even worse is sometimes it still shows the message hasnt been sent, but i get a response to the message.  so if i text someone, and havent heard back from them in a few minutes i resend the message, and they get it twice.  eatting up texts.

is there a fix for this?  can i revert to ICS?  at this point if i needed to  >> comment deleted; discussions concerning rooting, jailbreaking, or hacking are strictly prohibited on this forum <<    lose google now it would be worth it to have full text funcionality back.

Donkey

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Some texts go thru and some dont?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure all of your messaging is back to it's full glory, phatdonkey. Although you will not be able to revert back to a previous software version, I'm sure we can find a way to get your messaging working. Do you happen to notice if the issue happens when you're sending messages to anyone in particular? Maybe a certain group of people or a specific carrier? Does this seem to happen more when you're at home, work, any certain zipcode, or all over?

The first thing I'd highly recommend is deleting your third party messaging application http://vz.to/yRC2gJ. Many times, these may cause interference with the native messaging of the phone and result in strange message issues like you've described. I'd also suggest clearing out as much of your message history as possible http://vz.to/ZT4CYC, since lots of messaging can cause a bit of a build up in the phone. 

Please let us know if that helps.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
phatdonkey78

didnt realize anyone had responded.  the problem started before i added the 3rd party messaging app. 

the problem occurs with random people and while im at home or work.  it doesnt seem to matter my location or the other partys location.

i have since removed the 3rd party messaging app and cleared out all messages.  i had to use the 3rd party app (handsent) to do a mass delete of all messages.  the stock app doesnt have a feature that i could find.  so even with the app cleared out im still having the issue.  just as frequently as well. 

have any other ideas that would be worth a try?

Donkey

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem, phatdonkey.
It appears as though Motorola is aware of this problem with the messages and the indicator. There is a new update that will correct this problem. http://vz.to/12t5V3a
Do you have the Maxx?

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes