Solution to VZ hotspot problem: turn-on hotspot, came-on, immediately turn itself off...
vuser0xbeefcafe

The "solution" I used to find was to reboot the phone, which is not a solution at all.

A real solution that works for me is to modify the default hotspot Channel ( change to anything other than the default) AND

change the default IP address range/subnet, which was 192.168.0.1 (the starting IP). A much more random IP starting point

can be 192.168.132.5 (for example). Basically, any number between 1 and 254 works.

Both of these are config options under "Configure ... hotspot" where ... is the hotspot name.

Once you change it, you can turn on hotspot at anytime and I haven't seen the "immediately-turn-itself-off" problem ever since.

Hope this is more useful than what you get from VZ support, who keeps telling you to uninstall your favorite apps and upgrading

your OS, or getting a new phone Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Solution to VZ hotspot problem: turn-on hotspot, came-on, immediately turn itself off...
molessa

My XT912 refers to an ip address as the "Client (DHCP) start address."  Is this the IP that you are suggesting to change?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Solution to VZ hotspot problem: turn-on hotspot, came-on, immediately turn itself off...
vuser0xbeefcafe

Right, by assigned IP I think it is the same as "DHCP Start Address". 

The default start address is the same as many WiFi DHCP and it might conflict w other hotspots. This is my guess.

Best of luck. 

0 Likes
molessa

Thanks

On Mar 17, 2014 10:52 PM, "vuser0xbeefcafe" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes