Software update September 9, 2014...photos in text messaging take forever to download
kssams1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ever since the update a couple of weeks ago, any time someone sends me a picture in a text message, it takes hours before it downloads to my phone.  I can see that it's there, it just won't come in fully for hours.  What gives?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Software update September 9, 2014...photos in text messaging take forever to download
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be irritating, kssams1. I hadn't seen this before so  let's check some things. Are you using a texting app? Is wifi disabled?
Have you tried it once you have powered the phone off/on?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Software update September 9, 2014...photos in text messaging take forever to download
smyles10

I am having the same issue.  I am using the system messaging app, and it doesn't matter if i'm on Wifi or 4g.  If i get a picture message, I have to turn the phone off and back on, and when i turn it back on the picture will come through.  VERY frustrating!!!

How can this be fixed??

0 Likes
kssams1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I, too, am using the system messaging app.  Also does not matter if I am on wifi or 4g.  I just tested to see if turning off the phone will cause the phone to load, and it does.  This really is annoying!

0 Likes
kssams1
Enthusiast - Level 3

causes the picture to load, not the phone...sorry!

0 Likes
tenacious

Having same issue.  Pictures and long texts were taking up to 6 hours to download after update.  Reboot would pull them right in, but then it was back to delay with next message.  I cleared the app cache, then the system cache, no joy.  I turned wifi off, which I should NOT have to do, and no change.  I did a hard reset, and now it's better, but it's still not as fast as it was.  There are times when it's taking up to 10 minutes to download a long winded text, and it's taking longer to send texts - up to 3 minutes (for a 1-3 sentence text).

One thing I noticed is that my signal strength is fluctuating wildly, and I have a feeling that is the cause of this.  I can sit in one spot in my house and the signal strength will go from 5 bars to 1 and any where in between in a matter of seconds.  If the signal bars stay at 5 for a while, the texting seems to be fine.  But when the signal starts fluctuating the texting slows down drastically.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh boy! Let's get a fix to the download issue. What phone do you have? Do you have the content of your phone store to VZW Cloud or a different location? Have you tried a factory reset on your device?

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Vandeh2o
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm gonna kick in here and say me too. My wife as well. Restart will get the pic downloading but only once. I'm happy to see its not just us.

0 Likes
kssams1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone is the Razr Maxx.  My content is not saved to Cloud as I don't have that much of it anyway, and I have not done a factory reset.  Thanks for your reply!  Would love to see a fix.  And turning the phone off does not always work, I have found.

0 Likes
smyles10

I have the Droid Maxx HD.  I believe i have everything backed up but I have not done a hard reset.  I have done a soft reset and that doesn't fix the problem... its easier to just power off and then power back on the phone.

0 Likes