Social Networking Widget not working
cderring

Howdy folks,

I just got the new Razr, and for the most part I love it.  I upgraded from the Droid 2 and the Razr is a lot faster.  I do have a problem that stumped the in store rep I talked to last night.  The Social Networking Widget will not allow me to add any of my accounts to it.

I have tried everything I could think of (short of a hard reset) to get my various accounts working in the widget, but no luck.

Has anyone else had this issue, seen this issue, or know of a fix for this issue?

When I do a Google search for it, all I find is people who hate it, or want to get it working after "rooting" their phone.  

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Social Networking Widget not working
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cderring,

The Motorola Droid RAZR is currently my favorite smartphone! It's super fast processor with the razor thin design and 4G LTE connectivity is a match made in heaven! May I ask are you able to log into your social media account using the web browser? If so then that confirms that the issue is with the widget. Some social media accounts allow you to login from the Settings menu, like Facebook and Twitter. If you are still unable to login and use the social media widget then the next step would be a factory reset. Prior to completing this step,  encourage to archive your personal info, like contacts and calendar entries, to your Gmail account and/or backup assistant. Media such as music, videos, and pictures can be backed up on the memory card for preservation. Below is a link on how to perform a factory data reset on the Droid RAZR.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=49625

Once a factory reset has been completed, the device would need to be re-setup for use. There is a brief tutorial that will walk through this process. In this tutorial the option to setup social media account is also available. I recommend that we set this up during the tutorial for testing purposes. After the tutorial is completed then we want to test the voice and data services for functionality. Afterwards, please test the social media widget and post your findings. I am anxious to find a resolution for you!

Thank you...

0 Likes
cderring

I was able to get the widget working after a hard reset

On Jan 2, 2012 12:51 PM, "ArnettH_VZW" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
angrynerd007

I'm currently dealing with social network widget issues.  All was fine and as of march 30th Social Network (Facebook, Twitter) will not sync. I keep getting "Sync Failure: Try again later".  When I go to the universal inbox, connection errors are indicated with Facebook and Twitter.  The individual downloaded Facebook and Twitter apps work fine.  My Accounts have both listed twice, but I cannot make changes or remove the facebook/twitter built in accounts.  Argh! what the heck happened?  Everything was working fine up until a few days ago.

0 Likes