So I go to upgrade my phone and end up getting ripped off!
aznpride
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I go to a Verizon Kiosk to see i I can upgrade my phone and the worker told me yes I'm able to so I proceed to do the upgrade but she tells me that I have to upgrade my plan since I was on the 400 talk and unlimited text and  unlimited data plan and they don't do that plan anymore! not fully understanding that my plan had been changed, she then begins to do the phone upgrade and then tells me that she made a mistake and I'm unable to upgrade my phone until July 2013!! so not knowing that my plan was changed I leave. after a month on the new plan which I still didnt know I was on since I'm on auto pay, I get a text saying that I'm almost reaching my data limit... so with me being confused I called Verizon and then they tell me that they cant switch my plan back since its been past 14days!! its so bullshit on how they switched my plans without me signing anything!! I mean why would i switch to unlimited talk and text when I barely call ppl so far with 7 days left on my billing cycle I've used about 14mins talk since I text all of the time and now I'm 2gb's over my limit and have to pay an additional $30. Do you think its fair that they wont change my plan back?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: So I go to upgrade my phone and end up getting ripped off!
B33
Legend

As for Being Reversed it's almost impossible!  That is Unless you did not Sign anything of the acknowledgment that it took place you Might be able to Contact the Better Business Burrow and have them Look into and have them file a Case to Get it Reversed)  As you said the Rep could not Upgrade you till July she should have Put a Stop and not let the Plan be changed as you still had Time left till the Contract Ended or You Upgraded!  Technically if she wanted to stop it she could have. But her Negligence got the Best of Her..   

0 Likes
Not applicable

You post doesn't make sense. Dec and July are 7 months apart how can you be that confused on your upgrade date? if your upgrade data in July 2103 that means you last upgrade in Nov 2011. Now if you upgrade just barely a year ago how could you think you were entitled to an upgrade?

Also why didn't you check your plan for a whole month? There's no one to blame for that but yourself. I check my account almost daily. If you had done that you would have noticed the change and had it reversed. Honestly I don't get people that just ignore their accounts for weeks or months.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Brian isn't that 2013 and not 2103)   if your upgrade data in July 2103    just wanted to make sure on the Date! that would be kind of while away!  by then one's will be using there hand as a Phone and every one will Flying there Cars! from point A to B  b

Message was edited by: B33 .

aznpride
Enthusiast - Level 1

So you're saying that the Verizon employee who checked checked my account is at no fault what so ever when she was the one who told me i was able to upgrade my phone?! Also whats the point of setting up auto pay plan if your just gonna check it everyday? I never checked my bill for the ever since I signed up for auto pay! I set up auto pay so I dont have to check my bill since it should be the same every month! I'm sorry I'm not anal like you to check my bill daily sinceI have better things to do than check to see how much minutes I used the next day! 

0 Likes
Not applicable

aznpride wrote:

So you're saying that the Verizon employee who checked checked my account is at no fault what so ever when she was the one who told me i was able to upgrade my phone?! Also whats the point of setting up auto pay plan if your just gonna check it everyday? I never checked my bill for the ever since I signed up for auto pay! I set up auto pay so I dont have to check my bill since it should be the same every month! I'm sorry I'm not anal like you to check my bill daily sinceI have better things to do than check to see how much minutes I used the next day! 

Firstly kiosk likely means Verizon RETAILER not Verizon corporate.

Secondly I did not say the "employee" was not at fault. My advice was to help YOU avoid stuff like this in the future. I can't help that employee with their stupidity.

What's the point of checking everyday? Well to avoid stuff like this. And I would never do auto pay with ANYONE.

So I'm being anal by checking my bill everyday? Well I don't get charged overages and have my planned changed unknowingly either.

You have better things to do? Like paying overages and posting on messageboards about how your plan was changed? And calling CS and being told "tough luck"? I think I'd take the 30 seconds it takes to check my account just to be safe.