Slow slow processing time since ICS
kdc711

My RAZR has slowed down TONS since the ICS update. It is slow to open everything and by slow I mean it takes between 10 to 20 seconds to open an app after I tap on it.The memory and CPU processes are always near 100%. I kill apps and nothing happens. I have gone through and deleted all the apps I don't use and still nothing. My phone was super fast before the update and the processes never hit more than 60% usage. Any suggestions??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Slow slow processing time since ICS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kdc711!

I appreciate the troubleshooting you have done on your phone before posting! Let's see what we can do to get this going for you. After a software update, it's a good idea to perform a reset of your device. A soft reset is something that allows you to keep all of your data. A hard reset means you lose all of your data, but it can all be backed up on your PC, and your contacts can be synced using Backup Assistant or Gmail, or both. Below I have provided the steps for both a soft reset and a hard reset for your RAZR.

Soft reset  http://bit.ly/OH9zAP
Hard reset  http://bit.ly/ORBWZm

Please try these steps, then monitor the device.

Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

19 days late with your help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remember that this is a peer to peer forum and not a direct link to Customer Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

true but above the post i replied to, it say "verizon wireless customer support" as though they are representing vzw with vzw support under her name.

i don't see that above yours, mine or any of the other real helpers.

i don't mean to be rude but someone from vzw support replying 16-18 days after original post is a joke.

0 Likes