Shattered screen on the Motorola Droid Turbo
startinfrsh

I just got a new turbo and my dog knocked it off the table onto the floor face down. The screen shattered, will Verizon replace it under the screen assurance program?  There is no other damage at all other than the screen.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Shattered screen on the Motorola Droid Turbo
B33
Legend

The Droid Turbo comes with a 1 time glass crack replacement on a Two year contract I'm assuming as I didn't ask that warranty helps in this coverage.. you might check with your local store on this, But if you'd rather call customer service with another usable phone..

Here is the number 1-800-922-0204  or *611 Via Mobil use ext 4 or Technical Dept.. there open till 11pm b33

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the screen replacement program through Motorola? I would go through Motorola either way before talking to Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The Droid Turbo comes with a 1 time glass crack replacement on a Two year contract I'm assuming as I didn't ask that warranty helps in this coverage.. you might check with your local store on this, But if you'd rather call customer service with another usable phone..

Here is the number 1-800-922-0204  or *611 Via Mobil use ext 4 or Technical Dept.. there open till 11pm b33

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Yes it is covered if you took out the insurance. But the deductible will be high. One insurance company Asurion covers all the major (4) cell phone company's in USA now. Call them direct. In store VZ stores cannot help with this anymore.

0 Likes
vinnybagodonuts

Droid Turbo DOES have one time screen break replacement free. My fiancee dropped it day 2 and it cracked. So much for gorilla glass. Anyway it was replaced by VZ free. No one told us when we bought it but rep said its good for first year I think.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It follows through the 2 year contract but once the damage occurs and it's replaced then the offer ends.!  so for as taking care of the phone,  customers should try and handle it as they would say like fine china or something really expensive but as we all know accidents can happen..

0 Likes
KeithLutz1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is trying to get out of replacing the BLUE ones from Best Buy.  Anyone else go through this and know how to make them make good on THEIR offer?  I have been on the phone with Verizon all day, and to 2 Best Buys.  BB has NO knowledge of the program whatsoever.  Nice work, V.

Apparently the Turbos have delicate screens, according to one rep today, thus the program.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might try taking it back to the store it was purchased at & talk to the floor manager or Store manager see what they can do or Call Motorola and ask them what the status is on replacing Best Buy purchased phones..

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

After research 2/17/2015- Screen coverage as follows:

1) It is done by Motorola, not VZ

2) It is a (1) time replacement by Motorola

3) Motorola will not fix your Droid Turbo phone, you will get a replacement. So backup data.

4) This Warranty is for a "Cracked phone screen", not a shattered screen. If pieces of glass are falling out or

if a corner of a bezel is crushed or cracked, then it is not covered.

B33
Legend

O my Heck knowing that,  kind of disappointing to but I guess expected..

0 Likes