Screen turns on randomly since ics upgrade
bluescarter

Since upgrading to ics on my Razr maxx the screen randomly turns on. It doesn't seem to be associated with receiving an email or text. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Screen turns on randomly since ics upgrade
B33
Legend

It does with out touching any Keys or the Power button Correct?

0 Likes
bluescarter

Yes, the screen simply turns on without even touching the phone. I've set the screen "timeout" for 1 minute. Consequently, once it does turn itself on, the screen turns off after the "timeout" period.

0 Likes
maple072

I had my phone set at 1 minute to time out.  Seemed like the screen went dark in 10 seconds.  Also, when going back to the home page, it turn off and then back on again.  Like one person mentioned it happens some times just sitting there.

0 Likes
bluescarter

First, do you have a Razr or Razr maxx? Second, did your phone's behavior start after upgrading to ics? I'm interested simply because I'd like to know how 'specific' the situation is. Thanks.

0 Likes
Izzy333
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've got the same issue, last night for example. I was listening to music, unplugged headphones and placed my phone next to me. A few moments later the screen comes on. No text, email, call, etc. I have a Razr Maxx, I've no serious issues since the ICS update and my screenout time is also set for 1 min.

0 Likes
bluescarter

For those of you that are currently having this apparent problem of a Razr maxx's screen randomly turning on since the ics upgrade, the link below is another thread discussing it. One respondent suggested that it is a feature of the current system. I'd be thrilled if somebody could confirm that.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/11c9144e7a

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bluescarter,

Did this start happening right after the software update? Have you tried performing a hard reset since the update? Because of the size of the ICS update it would be a good idea to perform a hard reset http://bit.ly/tQ0nkT.

Please keep me posted if you continue to experience this after the hard reset.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrr62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Razr and it would do this before the upgrade, but after the upgrade....not once....fingers crossed!

0 Likes
maple072

I have a new Samsung SIII. (less than a month old)  I sure hope an upgrade helps this one.  Yesterday it shut down and turned back on 6 times.

Today it did three times - once in the middle of making a phone call.  It is either a good upgrade or a new phone.

0 Likes