Screen randomly locks won't respond. Powering off doesn't help
Gobigred53

My Droid turbo 2 screen will randomly lock. The screen will shrink to about 1/2 the size and will not respond.  The power button and volume controls work.  Powering it down doesn't help.  Safe mode doesn't help.  Resetting it to factory settings doesn't help. It just starts working when it want to.  Is there an easy fix?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Screen randomly locks won't respond. Powering off doesn't help
jacob_l123
Enthusiast - Level 3

That seems unusual from a phone from Motorola.  It sees like you have gone through many troubleshooting steps. What I would do is first look at any warranties available to you. First, do you pay for insurance? If so, you can get a free of charge warranty replacement from verizon. If you don't, see if you can use your one year manufacturing warranty. If it was purchased under a year ago, you do have one year where Verizon will shop out a free of charge replacement to you. I would contact Verizon customer service and ask for any way to get a warranty replacement.

0 Likes
Re: Screen randomly locks won't respond. Powering off doesn't help
Gobigred53

My warranty was up in February I have a $149 deductible.  I found if I push hard on the bottom half of the screen it will work.  My phone updated on June 6 I believe that's when it started. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Screen randomly locks won't respond.  Powering off doesn't help
jacob_l123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whats the most viable option for you is to go and contact Motorola and see if they will replace it for free. Or maybe since Verizon is running a promo that allows any phone to be signed up for insurance. It just has to be working, and you may be able to have it under insurance if it works under inspection.

Hope something works,

J.

0 Likes