Screen cracked, Need to turn phone off completely.
reallyneatgirl

Off course, less than a week after my boyfriend gets this phone, he drops it and the screen cracked. We DO have insurance, but have to wait a week till payday for the deductible.  Here is my problem.

Screen is cracked, phone is still on. I need to turn it off, as the alarms he has set for work keep sounding and are a pain to stop, as he has multiple each day. I know I can wait for the battery to die, of of course, BUT

I've read that I can do what is comparable to a battery pull with the volume down + power button for 10 seconds. I have done this, but it seems to restart rather than turn off. Is this what that action should do? Or am I doing it wrong. If this is what the action should do, am I out of luck until the battery dies?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Screen cracked, Need to turn phone off completely.
Wildman
Legend

This is what I found in the manual, page 55 in the Troubleshooting area for your device...

Crash recovery

In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops

responding to touches and key presses, try a forced

reboot—press and hold both Power and the down

volume key for 10 seconds.

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mot_droid_razr/droid_razr_manual.pdf

0 Likes
reallyneatgirl

Yes, I did this, as I stated, but it reboots, it doesn't turn the device completely off. I want to keep it off.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you have the Debugging option activated on your device you could setup the android SDK and then you can see the screen on the screenshot option and then you could select the power off option.

Also if you have a HDMI you may could plug to a TV if the unit does a image option which would allow you to see the screen actions on the screen...

0 Likes
reallyneatgirl

Hmm, I did check the debugging option so I am going to work on the Android SDK. I will let you know how it turns out.

0 Likes