Re: Screen Issue
strike01

here is your answer from moto

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/507333#507333

I looked into this and learned a lot.

The Droid RAZR display uses a new high efficiency OLED material. These
screens may in some cases exhibit slightly darker regions, like you've noticed.
Because the darker regions are only visible when viewing the black screen in a
very dark environment, they will not interfere with general use. Most
importantly, they don't change over time and are typical for this generation of
OLED material. They in no way indicate a problem or defective screen.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
yellowcanary73
Because it is a defect if it shows up during dark scenes in movies and its easy to say don't worry it wont get worse in time when you really don't know.
0 Likes
yellowcanary73
Here's a quote from Motorola's forum.
Same issue on mine. Not a big deal until you try to view video streaming. Netflix in low light it is very noticable. HBOgo is also pretty bad.. This is with the screen set to auto brightness, it's more noticable if you run a higher setting.

Mine looks like one line across the entire screen lengthwise and several squiggle marks and dots. "not a defect" sounds like early manufacturing issues with the
0 Likes
yellowcanary73
And yes when I'm watching my projector with my 106 screen I usually watch it in the dark like most people do.
0 Likes
yellowcanary73
That means if I watch movies in the dark or with a little bit of light I would do the same on the phone just like I think most people would.I know you will defend them.But I believe a customer who is paying their hard earned cash and commenting to a 2 year contract has the right to know everything so they can make a well informed decision.
0 Likes
yellowcanary73
I was going for the Razor with the amazon 1 cent sell but have decided to wait.I reset my DROIDX and now only have to pull the battery every other day and the unlock bar only locks up the phone once a day.
0 Likes
2pt5RS
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Perfect" condition phone? Nothing that small with that much technology will ever be "perfect"  condition.

You people need to lower your expectations, BIG TIME. 

0 Likes