Returning Droid Turbo Replacement Unable To Wipe My Data
gargozer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all, I am supposed to return my device, which is essentially a brick. I only had it for a few weeks and it simply would not power on. A copy of the whole problem is listed below. My problem with returning it is that during the time I had it, I still have important personal information on it that I need and I don't want anybody else to see it.  I was taking pictures of financial documents because I'm going through a divorce, It has account numbers of credit cards, bank details, etc. and they want the phone back.  Please help.

This is going to be long, so please bear with me. I have the Motorola Droid Turbo, and before that, The Droid Razr. I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years. On December 12, 2016, I brought my phone into the Verizon shop because something was wrong with the sound. I could not hear it ringing, no notifications, alarms, etc. However, I could still hear my voicemails. Strange? The associate I worked with checked all the things she was supposed to check I guess and decided that the speaker was blown. I was assuming if the speaker was blown there wouldn't be any sound at all, including voice mail, but that's just my opinion. I had my phone insured so I agreed to have it replaced by mail. The phone promptly arrived the next day and after I transferred my information and factory reset it, I mailed it back to them. Everything seemed to be going great.

Today, 1/2/17, I realize that I have not received any calls or messages since Saturday, which wasn't a big deal because of the holidays and most of my contacts I had seen on facebook from my pc. I was really ticked off that my alarm did not go off this morning. I take the phone off the charger and nothing...no lights or sounds. I try to power it on...nothing. I try to hold the power key and volume down simultaneously and again, nothing. I'm feeling pretty annoyed at this point as I overslept and missed a doctor's appointment, which I will be charged for as I did not give them a 24 hour notice that I would not be able to make it and they couldn't fit me in. I try to use another charger thinking maybe the charger was at fault. Nope, it's not the charger. I want to mention I have not dropped or wet the phone. As a matter of fact, the plastic is still on the screen because the shop was out of stock on the screen protector that fit it. I finally get a chance to take my phone back into the shop in the evening. I want to mention that the sales associate that helped me was very kind and knowledgeable. First, he tried to charge my phone and when it wasn't working we were trying to figure out what to do. It was on the charger at the shop for over 40 minutes. He was very patient with me as I had forgotten I changed my pin number and he had to make calls so we would be able to access my account. I was offered to pay the remainder of my contract and receive and upgraded phone. I thought that was funny because back in December when I brought my phone into the shop, that was the first thing the associate offered was to upgrade without any charges and to add on another line and/or tablet. Since it was near the holidays and I was busy, I just wanted to get a replacement. Today, the associate told me that he could not make the same offer as the phone was not the original phone and it had to go through the insurance. I told him I knew it wasn't his fault but this is totally UNACCEPTABLE! Now, since it was later in the evening, my replacement phone won't be here until Wednesday. To top it off I didn't get a printed receipt, just a number the sales associate wrote down and was told I would receive an email. Guess what? The email has still not come through and it has been over 3 hours. I don't think I'm any more important than the next customer, but I've been a loyal Verizon customer and have never been late on my payments. I finally got my replacement phone but now I have to return the old one with all my private information on it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes