Remote Control app for Pandora or Tune In radio on a PC
lou3rd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to configure this type of setup. I am looking for an app for my RAZR/PC that will allow me to control Pandora or TuneIn Radio on my PC remotely. It would be nice to be able to hook my laptop up to my home theater system and use my phone to scan radio stations, skip tunes adjust volume etc. I have got something similar working with foobar2000 for the music on my computer, comes in handy when you want to sit on the patio outside and listed to music.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Remote Control app for Pandora or Tune In radio on a PC
B33
Legend

With Pandora Or Tune in you Just download the App go in Accept the Terms and you can start Streaming Music, I myself i use Winamp all the Time Unless i use Slacker )  One other Way you can use them is Go Directly to them on your P.C. Tune in has a Web page so does Pandora..

0 Likes
lou3rd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the quick response, I don't think I explained it very well. I have the pandora app on my phone and PC. What I want to do is plug my laptop into my home theater through the audio input jack and control the pc version of pandora with my phone over a home network. I have patio speakers outside (The cool ones that look like rocks) hooked up to my home theater. Right now I just plug in my laptop and let it play but It would be nice to have the ability to skip the occasional song or adjust the volume with my phone. If my home theater had bluetooth this would be easy.

Just trying to squeeze every ounce of entertainment out of this phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Do you have a HD DOCK or the HD STATION Both of then Have a Stereo Out Plug and Guess it could be done that Way Here is some Shots of My HD Station: Just Click on the Blue..

Razr Maxx And HD Docking Station Pictures

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

B33 it sounds like the user wants to be able to listen to Pandora or Slacker but from a coach across the room and control it without getting up, there is a number of networking apps that this works on for Yahoo and a few other apps nut I do not believe their is any that works with Pandora or Slacker..

Have you considered a DLNA Blueray DVD player that has access to Pandora and Slacker accounts from the player without a PC or phone, My Sony DVD player came with software to control the DVD Player through the network from the phone touch screen so you can do just what you want.

The one I bought was only 85.00, something to consider..  CHECK OUT Sony BDP-S480 player at walmart.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey thanks Wildman i was well trying to throw something out there But the Wind was Taking it Away sort of Speak..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Another option is maybe use a remote desktop application and then you can control the full pc from the device through the network. I use PhoneMyPC but there is many others out there.

0 Likes
lou3rd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I think the remote desktop app is what I am looking for, I'll give that a shot.

0 Likes
B33
Legend
0 Likes
lou3rd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like TeamViewer will do the trick, thanks for all the suggestions.

0 Likes