Rear facing camera on Droid Turbo 2 not working
KPIETRASZAK

Good afternoon,

I'm having some trouble with my Droid Turbo 2's rear facing camera. It says that the app is busy and to restart the device or app. I've tried both. I also tried to see if perhaps it was just the Motorola camera app, however when trying to switch to rear facing on Snapchat, it doesn't work either. Both apps are up to date. I tried two different ways to clear my cache, and neither worked. Doing so through settings, I kept clicking 'clear cache' and it just wouldn't do it. Then I tried the back-end reset of my cache and it just didn't work at all.

Not really sure whats going on, but any suggestions would be helpful!!

Thanks!

Kate

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rear facing camera on Droid Turbo 2 not working
JACOBAB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Setting the Display Size to Default fixed it for me.  To change this setting go to settings--> Display  --->Display Size --> Default

View solution in original post

BarryH
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue is similar, in that I cannot access the rear facing camera at all. There is no icon on the screen to switch from front to rear (by rear, I mean that I can only take selfies).

Tried clearing caches, starting in safe mode etc.

The only thing I haven't done is a factory refresh. Hoping to avoid that for obvious reasons.

BONKIT40
Enthusiast - Level 1

Considering these posts were from months ago, I assume no repair exists. I have cleared the cache partition and everything short of a factory reset. This issue started immediately after the latest device update and I have not installed any new apps. However, my camera is now almost useless!

JKucera

I too just started having this issue, since the latest update.  Mine is stuck in rear-facing mode, rendering the front-facing camera useless.

0 Likes
DC7275
Enthusiast - Level 1

On mine, the front facing camera and video buttons on screen just take pictures.  No way to change the camera.

jmtriton1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine did the same thing to fix mine i had set me apps page to bigger font size and when i went back and set to default size camera is back to working normal hope this helps.

JACOBAB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Setting the Display Size to Default fixed it for me.  To change this setting go to settings--> Display  --->Display Size --> Default

DC7275
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked!  Great!!  Thanks!!!