Real Racing 3 App Update.. Killed my Phone.!
B33
Legend

I was updating my Droid Maxx to the latest update provided by EA sports Using Wi-Fi as these Apps Tend to Require the update was at 98% and would not proceed any further, a message popped up requiring that I try re-updating the app I tried but the same message popped up so I cleared the racing app and some other apps that were on the phone, by doing the finger swipe to the right  they were cleared out so after doing that I wanted make sure my Wi-Fi was doing it's job and I was ok'd of that when I tapped one of my weather apps, it uploaded the maps with no issues..

So once again I tried running the update since I figured my Wi-Fi was running smoothly and once again it wouldn't go any further than 98% so I tried power cycling my phone the phone shut Down came back on got to Motorola and would not proceed any further I tried running the Boot Recovery an to No avail it would not go any further so, I'm having a new Unit sent out to me..

I guess what happens is attest to software sometimes they load up smooth and Correct, and there are times they drop the ball and causes chaos in the phone in which Deems the phone useless.

Will have have my new Droid Maxx Wed..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Real Racing 3 App Update.. Killed my Phone.!
Not applicable

You know "B" it is the same with personal computers.

In the old days your update was buying the new disks or CD ROM and it cost money for them to update those programs.

I remember a racing game that came preinstalled on my desktop and it stuttered and was slow and the man talking sounded like that Max Headroom show. To get the fix the device maker charged for the update disks/CD it is no different today.

You load an app on your phone can be paid or free, it interacts with the operating system, it doesn't play nice on your phone with other apps. Then you get a dead phone.

Its a bummer but its a risk that owners take. Hopefully the replacement device will work as it should. But remember those refurbished units are junk. You are getting another persons problem. I hope it all works out for you.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

Thanks Big E.. I appreciate the reply..  I hope as well I don't get a piece.. I sent my thoughts to EA what I thought about this new update & what it done to my phone I kept my words clean but it was hard not too.. The Tear 2 tech I talked to for about 2 hours said he had a LG G2 his personal it went bad after updating to Kit Kat something in the screens got messed up, he had to go through the same process I had to, he was one of the Tech Guys that worked for Alltel out the Little Rock call center he's been in the same Dept. for the Last 6 or 7 I think he said..

My new Maxx will be at our Door Wed. sometime in the Afternoon..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Big E.. Droid Maxx No.3 is out of the Verizon facility and is on it way.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I hope it has no issues for you.

I never use second hand devices. I like buying all new.

god only knows what the issues were that had the last owner trade it in.

Don't believe that 100 point check, that is just a line they hand you.

Good Luck B

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you contact the app developer and alert them to the issue?

B33
Legend

Will you buy me a new one just kidding.. If was to were I could of got one paid the full retail price I would've thought a second more about it)  I'd been at the Local Verizon when the doors opened.. but.. you know how it is..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yes Ma'am.. sent a Direct Message to EA and posted it on Facebook on there Page..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's really sickening  tiki  to think about it,  my Maxx was doing so good with out being on Kit-Kat running like a top and one App has to Wound it not Kill I should of said it still powers on but that's about it..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Should have my new Droid Maxx sometime this afternoon Hopefully it's is a 32GB and not the 16GB  but I bet it will be later of the two.. we shall see when it arrives..