Re-Push ICS? Must be bad Download - Major Issues
jshaas2

It's been a while, but I used to be quite involved in various forums, mainly on the PPCGeeks back in the day of Windows Mobile. I know my way around a phone, and have tried factory reset, hard reset, etc.

I feel i got a bad download of ICS last night. My keyboard is all over the place, i can't type anything without it inputting other letters and going crazy. i can't even text anyone without it inputting letters that aren't even close to what i pushed. I click the top of the screen, and it clicks the bottom of the screen instead. Just buggy as heck.

Instead of zipping the leaked OTA that alot of people have done, does anyone know how I can get a fresh install pushed to me. Honestly, at this point, ICS is for the birds. Have spent 4-5 hours today trying to set it up and it's just a no go.

When i loaded it this morning and it installed on top of my current apps and settings it appeared fine. however, when i hard reset, and let it install a fresh copy and reloaded my apps, it's been buggy as heck ever since.

Just not sure what to do. thx for your help!!
Jason

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Re-Push ICS? Must be bad Download - Major Issues
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Did you do the FR and format your SD & Internal storage??   If not, you may have remnants of stuff left behind .. I would do the FR and NOT auto-download the 3rd party Apps .. and test it immediately. Then and only then re-download my Apps ...  IMHO ...  good luck.

0 Likes
jshaas2

As i've mentioned, that of course, it what i did and what i would know to do.

I Factory Resetted and always hard reset using power/volume buttons, cleared cache..and have done this 6-7 times. I haven't installed an app all day, nor have i restored from google account.

Just seems to be a bad download for some reason and almost like it was a OTA for "overlay" only and not made for resets.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm coming late to this party but if the download is bad, wouldn't there be a rash of similar complaints?

Best of luck getting the problem resolved,

0 Likes
jshaas2

dude...i totally agree. that's why i'm on VZW's and MOTO's forum. i would say most people that downloaded it, just downloaded and installed and that's it. I downloaded, installed, and then hard reset after i installed it. I've installed probably thousands of roms in 5+ years back to the MightyRom of the HTC Pro and this is how i've always done it, but i'm just telling you...something isn't right about it. i wish i knew Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jshaas2

Ok, i'm going to try a few things and report to everyone probably tomorrow afternoon.

thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Jason

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, jshaas2-

I'm sorry to learn the ICS update has not been working properly with the virtual keyboard. If you continue to have concerns, please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further assistance.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes