Razr won't shut up!!
mstngcnd

My Razr has started to repeat over and over "Verizon Wireless". It seems to happen like an alert to email's or any data coming into the phone. I have tried to do a soft reboot using the down vol + power key, but it still won't shut up. I don't like the idea of not being able to have the volume on to hear it ring, but am going crazy with the babble. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr won't shut up!!
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

Have you checked the SOUND settings in SETTINGS? Is the Default notification on a sound or set to Silent?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I think I'd start to go crazy with that kind of repetition too mstngcnd! I would definitely start with what Duewester mentioned, checking if it's a notification for something like email, text, app updates, etc. If it's consistant and happens any time there's a slight change to the number of bars you're picking up or transitioning from 3G to 4G to WiFi, then it sounds like it may be the Enhanced Roaming Indicator. Check out Settings > Sound and see if there's a check mark next to Roaming Tone or Network Lost Tone. If there is, remove it by simply tapping the check.

If you're still having trouble, feel free to reply to this post and let me know if you notice the sound occuring in any type of pattern. Every 5 minutes, every time a call connects, etc.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I may have a Solution Computer Smash Na just fun'n!  with ya   But that is Irritating have you as one mentioned looked in at your sound settings)  you could have a App that could be triggering it, you might try Safe Mode and see if helps isolate the Issue. If you have any Weather apps they can trigger alarms to notify you of any Pending weather coming your way.. So you might give those Try.. b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes