Highlighted

Razr won't connect to PC after ICS Upgrade

Before the ICS update all I had to do was connect my USB cable from the Razr to the PC and I could browse the folders on the phone.  After the update my PC does not even recognize the phone as a device.  Is there a setting that I need to turn on in ICS?  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Razr won't connect to PC after ICS Upgrade

What USB 'Mode' is the phone in when connected?

Highlighted

Sorry to sound dumb but how do I check the USB mode?

0 Likes
Highlighted

SETTINGS | STORAGE | Click the MENU key, and click on USB Computer Connection.

Mine is set to Mass Storage and it connected right up, I am using a MAC, you are using a PC I assume from the subject?

Highlighted

Is is set to mass storage but my Windows 7 PC does not recognize it as a device.  Yes PC user.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Do I need to use the exact cable that came with the phone or will any micro USB cable work?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Any USB 2.0 cable should work. Not top sure about the new USB 3.0 cables.

I just used three different cables to copy three songs to my music folder. One cheapo, one short stubby adapter and the charger cable. All worked fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Does the PC even detect that you've connected the phone(and then fail to install the driver)?

I'd unplug the phone then restart the PC. Use a different port to plug into. See if it detects correctly. Normally the phone witll 'autolaunch' a VZW backup assistant web page while it's finishing the driver install. I assume you're seeing no indication at all?

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

+1 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

+1

0 Likes