Razr is stuck in a boot loop.
crimsong19

Around 9 AM, my Razr (Jelly Bean 4.1.2. on Verizon) froze and rebooted (as it sometimes does when I use the camera - except Instagram, processes.android.media, and the Homescreen all stopped first). The phone was holding on the opening animatic for too long, so I did a power+volume reboot, and now my phone is stuck in a boot loop. No matter what I select (Normal Powerup, Recovery, AP Flashboot), I get "Boot Failure" and "Device is LOCKED" and "Invalid CG HAB (CG: mbr, status: 0x0056)". I've been doing some searching in the background for ways to fix the problem and I've downloaded RSD Lite and I'm downloading the 1.1 GB ROM to flash with. Anything else I can do, or is there any walkthrough to help? This is all new to me - and I haven't backed up in a while, so I'm afraid files and such will be wiped clean, even though I've seen in some forum posts that some folks haven't had anything wiped.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr is stuck in a boot loop.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry this is still happening crimsong19! If you have the Extended Warranty, it's for the life of the phone as long as it's activated on your line. However, if you remove the battery, like you said, it will void the warranty. At this point, you can try reaching out to Motorola to see if they can better assist with this. They may have a good solution. You can reach them at http://www.motorola.com/us/home

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Let's see what's going on with your phone crimsong19! I know you posted a couple days ago. Has this been resolved? Have you been able to get phone back on? Has it ever been dropped or exposed to liquid? How long have you had it? Please try powering off, remove SIM card for 1 minute. Then re-insert and try turning back on. Let's see if this helps. http://vz.to/1rVc7Qd Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
crimsong19

Thanks for the response, Vanessa! I've had the phone since February 2012 and it hasn't been dropped or exposed to liquid. The problem is still presenting itself to the best of my knowledge, but I'm afraid the battery is too low to do anything and it won't charge while in the boot loop (that I know of). Would replacing the battery with a fully charged one help - even though it would void the long-expired warranty?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry this is still happening crimsong19! If you have the Extended Warranty, it's for the life of the phone as long as it's activated on your line. However, if you remove the battery, like you said, it will void the warranty. At this point, you can try reaching out to Motorola to see if they can better assist with this. They may have a good solution. You can reach them at http://www.motorola.com/us/home

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes